+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Advice for a Friend

Need Advice for a Friend

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right topic so if it isn't, please moderators move this thread to the correct topic.

I hope you can help me with this delema. A good male friend of mine began to know this girl and began to like her. They never went out but they would do things as friends. He began to be more interested in her and bought a gift, I believe it was a necklace, to show her that he liked her. Little did he know the girl had a boyfriend and she never said anything to him. My friend was telling me she couldn’t accept the gift because of it but on the other hand she told him that the gift was better than anything that her boyfriend ever gave her. Seemed she had some doubts of her current relationship. Anyways, my friend ask for my advise as they are suppose to meet to discuss all of this. What advise would you give my friend to tell her? Should he just flat out say what’s in his heart or to hold back to protect himself. I don't want him to get hurt but yet I want him to speak from his heart Your thoughts.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i feel that love shouldn't be based upon gifts. if your friend is happy with her bf reguardless of what she gets him then she should stay with him. however if she is unhappy with her bf because he doesn't treat her like a high maintenance bitch then i wouldn't even bother to introduce her to my friend because i wouldn't want him to suffer the same fate.

if your friend is a totally cool person i would suggest that she sort out her feelings first. not telling a new perspective that she is alreday involved with someone will usually lead to trouble because they are already doubting themselves and their current relationship. she has to first decide what she wants, and not let anyone wait for her because it's unfair to both of the guys. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Your male friend was lead down the garden path and the girl should of probably been straight up with him and told him before he invested in a necklace (or whatever it was) that she was spoken for. The best advice to give him is that to back off. The best advice to her is to re-evaluate her current relationship and figure out what she wants before she inadvertantly plays mind games.

LINEBACKER 2