+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do "breaks" ever work? Feel like I am in emotional limbo :/

Do "breaks" ever work? Feel like I am in emotional limbo :/

My boyfriend and I have been dating for three years and have had a pretty strong relationship. For the past month, my boyfriend and I have been on break. He initiated the break because he said he wanted to focus on work (he is working 70 hours a week) in order to make enough money for culinary school/pay rent. He said he wanted it to last for six months and then see where we were at that point. I came to terms with the break and told him that during our break we shouldn't be in contact with one another and that we are free to see other people. Last week, he asked to hangout and told me how much he missed me, how he loved me and that he wanted to talk/ I was his best friend/ only wanted to see me and no one else. I have been trying not to contact him because I think if he wants to talk, he can reach out to me. Since the break, I have felt much more independent and happy because I was hardly seeing him anyways when we were dating. I also have taken this time to improve myself and learn that I can go on and be successful without him. But then again, I still love him so much and kind of hope we will work out in the future. Do you think I should I wait for him to reach out or start to move on? Also, should I ask him where he sees this break going because I feel like I am being strung along at this point.
    Last edited by allzz; 27-02-15 at 03:07 PM.