+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just broke up with my GF and she's GONE INSANE. HELP!

Just broke up with my GF and she's GONE INSANE. HELP!

So we'd been going out for about 5 months until yesterday. Everything was okay for the first 3 months but the last 2 months were just boring. I just wasn't feeling it anymore and I’m guessing she felt the same, she just didn't try. It's both of ours first relationship.

So I shot her a quick break up text. "Hey, sorry this isn't working out. We should see other people. It's getting boring. Best wishes and have a good life." Really simple, nothing complicated because I didn’t want to drag things out.

She texted back 10 minutes later and said "Ok, no problem! " and I thought that was the end of it. She seemed perfectly fine with it.

But now she's losing her damn mind. I already told her in the text I didn’t want to hear from her again but now she’s violating that request.

Texts and calls all day long. At work, my house, she's gone psycho. I'm not responding to any of them because what's done is done and I don't to go over it again, it's a hassle. She lied to me by telling me she was fine and now she’s pulling this move. It’s so surprising because she was NEVER like this when we were dating.

But it's freaking me out, I’m terrified of what she’ll do next. What’s my next move?

Her reaction is normal. A lot of people react this way when they are rejected. They want to understand why and they cling to false hope. Its part of the grief process "the five stages of grief"

How you ended things was kinda shitty. Sending a quick text to erase someone from your life like shes nothing is cruel and its not that simple to just discard someone from your life.. you are being a coward and looking for an easy way out with zero understanding or compassion for hurting her feelings. I think you owe her an apology and an explanation. "Sorry I hurt you, I never meant to.. your a great person and I wish you all the best, sorry it didn't work out. I just think were too different and I don't feel the same anymore. I hope you can move on and find someone who makes you happy.. best of luck"

instead of "your boring, screw you, bye".. thats how it comes across and its very hurtful
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Your question combined with the breakup text you supposedly sent makes me believe you're a troll.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Her reaction is normal. A lot of people react this way when they are rejected. They want to understand why and they cling to false hope. Its part of the grief process "the five stages of grief"

How you ended things was kinda shitty. Sending a quick text to erase someone from your life like shes nothing is cruel and its not that simple to just discard someone from your life.. you are being a coward and looking for an easy way out with zero understanding or compassion for hurting her feelings. I think you owe her an apology and an explanation. "Sorry I hurt you, I never meant to.. your a great person and I wish you all the best, sorry it didn't work out. I just think were too different and I don't feel the same anymore. I hope you can move on and find someone who makes you happy.. best of luck"

instead of "your boring, screw you, bye".. thats how it comes across and its very hurtful
    It's annoying though, I don't have the time to deal with her drama. It's one of the reasons we're breaking up in the first place.

Besides, what's wrong with texting to break up? We text each other all the time when dating, even to set up dates. She's cool with it and I'm cool with it. It's just easier and quicker this way.

She should be apologizing to me, SHE'S THE ONE GOING NUTS ON ME. I'm afraid to go outside because I don't know what's she's planning.

It sounds like you're nuts! Not only do you sound very immature, you sound very arrogant and unbelievably self obsessed - far more obsessed with yourself than you're story even makes her sound obsessed about you! You also sound like a coward who hasn't got neither the bottle nor decency to have broken up with her face to face. It's your own self obsession that probably made your relationship boring!

This is only a suggestion, it's upto you what you do, but while you're too scared to leave your house because you fear for your safety, why don't you go and stick your head in the toilet and flush it down? If it fits like?

Ya you have zero emotional intelligence.. you will prob have a lot of people reacting to your lack of empathy in this way in your lifetime. Maybe one day you will realize you are partly to blame
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Was it a long distance relationship, if not why did you break up using a text message and not one on one? That is what is causing her anger, how you did it, it's rude.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Think she just felt sad after while apart and realized she miss you. Think she was okay with feeling that you are around and available but when you dumped her she wanted that back.

Hey look at the bright side - at least its not boring anymore !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will