+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: One Night Stands - when single - the pluses and minuses involved?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Pathetically bourgeois.
    So you think sex is something you should use as a pseudo-psychological remedy instead of having it for enjoyment because you want to have it? Because that's the implication of disagreeing with me and I'd love to hear how you rationalize that view.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    The only occasion I recall intentionally seeking out a ONS was definitely medicinal in nature. I was reeling from the loss of a relative, not involved with anyone at the time, and needed intimate human contact without commitment(no exes). Also the only time I can recall where I didn't apply my usual standards to the selection process(I'm a sapiophile). I simply went to a tavern in a nearby town and selected an appealing barfly. It was the right decision at the time and accomplished what was intended.
    So you got over the loss of a relative by getting laid? First time I've ever heard of that happening. I understand the desire for sex without strings attached but otherwise this is a new one to me.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

So you got over the loss of a relative by getting laid? First time I've ever heard of that happening. I understand the desire for sex without strings attached but otherwise this is a new one to me.
    I daresay that is an over simplification of complex psychology. I would describe it as an urgent desire to feel connected to another human on a deeply personal level as a means of reaffirming ones own connection to "life". I wouldn't say it "got me over the loss" so much as it helped to snap me out of an onset of depression so that I could keep the loss in perspective and deal with it in a healthier way. They say that with each new loss we re-live past losses, I have found that to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    So you think sex is something you should use as a pseudo-psychological remedy instead of having it for enjoyment because you want to have it? Because that's the implication of disagreeing with me and I'd love to hear how you rationalize that view.

- - - Updated - - -

It can be both, easily. I'll just leave it at that.

YC is all about sex. Hes kind of guy who's life problems would be solved with sex.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Wrong. I'm all about winning. If one isn't afforded the pleasure of falling in love, then lots of sex makes a guy valuable too. Getting neither is losing and being a loser. You did get one thing right: Sex would solve my life's problems.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

You did get one thing right: Sex would solve my life's problems.
    If you think like that then it might actually be true to you.

However thats where we are completely different in mindset.

Wrong. I'm all about winning. If one isn't afforded the pleasure of falling in love, then lots of sex makes a guy valuable too. Getting neither is losing and being a loser. You did get one thing right: Sex would solve my life's problems.
    I don't get why it would be hard for any guy to get laid especially in America. I mean, I have seen the ugliest/loser guys getting laid. He might not get the best girl (perhaps some fat chick who sleeps around to boost her self-confidence and/or some loose girl with STDs). But he would get some girl if he finds the right opportunity. Doesn't those opportunities always present itself in America?
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    If you think like that then it might actually be true to you.

However thats where we are completely different in mindset.
    Life isn't fair.kinda sucks for guys like me.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I don't get why it would be hard for any guy to get laid especially in America. ... Doesn't those opportunities always present itself in America?
    You can't be serious? Lots of countries are more promiscuous than the US, including yours. [url=http://naughtynomadforum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1116]Most Promiscuous Countries Ranked[/url]

^^Looked at where we rank - [URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=11]#11[/URL] back in 2013 from that link.

Life isn't fair.kinda sucks for guys like me.
    Think life is fair. You get out from it what you put in. Same as bodybuilding. When you look at happy people who are achieved a lot then theres also this hidden side of success -the work they put in. I have always said - look at happy people and what they are doing, maybe theres something you are not doing.

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    You can't be serious? Lots of countries are more promiscuous than the US, including yours. [url=http://naughtynomadforum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1116]Most Promiscuous Countries Ranked[/url]
    I can say that my country sluts did it. We are in 6th place.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 10-09-15 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    I don't believe in the accuracy of this.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    [/B]That is the difference between you and some of the women that are judged on this forum. You KNOW what you want and you will likely not do a ONS again. It's the one's that think that sex is going to garner them a relationship, get hurt but keep doing the same thing over and over again that get judged. They are judged on their stupid inability to figure themselves out or learn to compartmentalize sex from love. Men more easily can compartmentalize sex from love then women can. Unfortunately, women may judge women who enjoy NSA sex but it's worse that more men have a double standard about those women then there are not. Always has been like that and it always will be like that.
    Chiming in late here....

I can only comment on my own learning experience here, but I just want to say that when girls are raised without guidance on sex and relationships, it's the kind of mistake which can be made.

While I didn't think that sex would hook a man, I did make the mistake of thinking that if a guy wanted to sleep with me then he must be interested in me. Had quite a few false starts in my teens till I figured this one out. Some of us need to make the same mistake a few times before we get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither do I. Australia should be much higher on the list LOL
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post

Neither do I. Australia should be much higher on the list LOL
    Unfortunately you Basil are not enough to keep Australia on the top of the list.

Whether YOU believe it or not is irrelevant. Can you provide something (besides your judgmental opinion) that disputes it?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast