+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i try again?

Should i try again?

Okay, I'm 15 and in highschool. I really like this girl that I've been friends with since about 4th grade. I asked her out last year and she did she like me but didnt want to ruin our friendship so we stayed friends. Ever since then we've grown kinda apart but I still have this huge crush on her for some reason. I've kinda been getting mixed signals from her in terms of if she's still interested in me or not. Our winter homecoming is coming up in a week and we've agreed to meet each other there but I'm not sure if i should try again. I wish i could explain the rather unique circumstances further but it's difficult over this.

Here is a good lesson for the future. If you like a girl and want to be more hen just friends but she doesn't like you for anything other then friends then you best to stop being her friend altogether because by doing that, it gives you a chance to get over your crush so that other girls look attractive to you and you start to pursue them instead of just stagnating in your "friendship."

Ask her to be your girlfriend again at the end of homecoming and if she still says no then stop hanging with her so you can get over her.

I know you're going to balk at the idea of not having her in your life in some way but doing just that is the best way for you to get over her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's not mixed signals, it's her not wanting to get too close to you, because she can't like you the way you do.....that's why she has drifted away....it's no longer a friendship, it's a guy that likes a girl but the girl doesn't like the guy.

" she did say she liked me but didnt want to ruin our friendship so we stayed friends." This is the most commonly used explanation, to reject a guy. She wasn't going to come out and tell you no I don't want to date you....no she will come up with a passive way to let you down gently. The problem with that is that it wasn't a direct no, that it still looks like a possibility she will say yes, which girl don't realize. She thought she made her claim perfectly clear, and started to back away from you so you will forget about it.

If the "signals are mixed, there really isn't any signals...you are just trying to read into what is not there......if there were signals, it would be loud and clear. When a girl really wants to be with a guy, she wastes no time letting them know. She will get in there before another girl scoops you up.

I recommend that you ask another girl out to the dance. if there is anything there, letting her think she has lost any chance will make her come after you....as they say to make yourself less available is to make yourself more desirable. Play it kool, be aloof, stop staring at her to see if she is looking back.

Listen to your gut. Wait too long, and you may even lose the relationship. Sometimes, your date may get tired of waiting, especially if the girl’s waiting for the guy to say the three magical words! It’s always better to express your love earlier than later.

No that will make her run away....

Just dont ask her...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticLamp View Post
    Okay, I'm 15 and in highschool. I really like this girl that I've been friends with since about 4th grade. I asked her out last year and she did she like me but didnt want to ruin our friendship so we stayed friends. Ever since then we've grown kinda apart but I still have this huge crush on her for some reason. I've kinda been getting mixed signals from her in terms of if she's still interested in me or not. Our winter homecoming is coming up in a week and we've agreed to meet each other there but I'm not sure if i should try again. I wish i could explain the rather unique circumstances further but it's difficult over this.
    I was wondering the same thing as you, kind of the same situation, and i just asked and keeped making nice things to her, like giving her a rose on Valentines Day and asking her out, until she got mad on me and now i have troubles keeping our friendship alive. I mean, im just like you right now, i cant see the rest of my highschool without her, but as this guys are sayng, I think I shoud find someone else.

I think your right

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferaniston View Post
    Listen to your gut. Wait too long, and you may even lose the relationship. Sometimes, your date may get tired of waiting, especially if the girl’s waiting for the guy to say the three magical words! It’s always better to express your love earlier than later.
    Lately she was texting me first, talking to me in the hall and I was going to ask her but then she kinda ignored me in the all and stopped texting me so idk any more