+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should we get back together?

Should we get back together?

My ex and I were together for four months, but we had been friends way before actually going out.

I broke it off because the first two months were great, we got along great. Thing is after a while we slowly stopped talking to each other we would go weeks w/o talking and I grew tired of messaging him every now and then with him seeing and not replying. The only thing I'd see him text would be "I love you," every three maybe four days.. He even forgot about my birthday, ._. I didn't want anything, besides one message from him..?
    It took a lot of me to break it off because I do really care about him, and I tried being as nice as possible.. he told me "it's fine I knew I wasn't the one for u.. I'm gonna die single now aha" we got into a fight because he would say he wont date anyone after me, I eventually said sorry for having to end it, and that I hoped we could still be friends.. He said of course.
    The moment I got home the cover he had on his prof that had both my and his names with a heart on it was changed, just one name was changed though. It was "Ashley" but now it was changed to "kimy" I got upset and thought he cheated on me..

I confronted him, and he seemed extremely.. Quiet and upset. I asked him if this chick and him were together and he said it was a fake name..
    I talked to him today, a month after the break up and I can't get him out of my mind.. I really wanted to forget him, I wanted to move on. I keep trying but I care about him. Even though he was half ignoring me I told him how I feel finally, and I think he felt the same.. But I also explained why I don't think we'd ever work. No matter how much I wanted it to, he said he'd never be with anyone after me. And just before he texted he was going to bed (we stayed up all night talking) he said "well, I'm gonna go kill myself now.. I mean, go to bed." I told him if it really hurt that much then all he had to do would tell me to stay away, and I'd never talk to him again, and I wouldn't mind that .-. He said he'd never tell me that, and that he hope I bother him again..
    Why is he doing this to me? Does he want to get back together? Would it be healthy .-. what should I do? Please help..

Have you even met this boy in person? Your whole story sounds as if everything you had together was based on messaging one another and not one mention of actual time in one another's company.

As for him going to "kill himself." Let him. He had every opportunity to show you that he even cared about you but all he did was show you how little he valued you and this "thing" you had with him.

He's full of shit and you'd do well to stop talking to him forever.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He was a crap boyfriend when you were together and would still be a crap boyfriend if you tried again. As for the killing himself thing, it's just more crap. If he really cared about you, he would have been a far more attentive boyfriend. He's just pissed because you dumped him.

Delete his number and unfriend him on social media.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I've never met him in person, I can't afford to go where he lives and vice versa but I've known him for more then two years and we used to Skype everyday when we were just friends. Thank you for the advice !

Oh sweetie, go and find yourself a real boyfriend who you can spend actual time with. Someone you can love and cuddle and go on dates with.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hey,

Calimex

Do learn from your relationship mistakes.Remember, it takes two to tango, so it’s never all one person’s fault when a relationship doesn’t work. By acknowledging your part, you can choose to change your attitudes, beliefs, or behavior that contributed to the problems. After all, you are the common denominator in all of your relationships, and you are the only person you can change. So learn everything you can from the relationship. What worked that you want to have more of the next time? What didn’t work? Learn it now, so you don’t repeat the bad stuff, Move on and don't think about him and find someone else in your place as LDR don't workout and you both even meet just once so no use of maintaining this kind of relationship.

I think I will, I never really thought I was ready to meet and go on dates because most guys I know are really pushy, and if they're nice and polite they usually already have a girlfriend, but I'm gonna stay positive and hope I meet a good guy soon 😣 thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I'll try and change for the better and I do think I learned a lot for my last relationship. Thanks! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Calimex View Post
    I've never met him in person
    Honey, that is not a relation. That's just internet bullshit. Get yourself a real boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Honey, that is not a relation. That's just internet bullshit. Get yourself a real boyfriend.
    With all do respect what you and others consider a relationship are very different from how I or someone else would consider a relationship. If I feel like it was a relation and my partner agreed, even if it did end, it still was whatever we thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    1 those relations r real think of it as like a long distance thing, and (2) I actually have a bf on the inter and we have been together for almost two years and r going to meet with our parents very soon. and Calimex owo I say good luck with ur next relationship o; it'll take time but the perfect guy for u is out there it just takes time.

I've never met him in person, I can't afford to go where he lives and vice versa but I've known him for more then two years and we used to Skype everyday when we were just friends. Thank you for the advice !
    Oh for goodness sakes... stop wasting your dating years on a schmuck you've never even touched or smelled or kissed or shared food with or spent not even one minute being held by.

Are you Indian and you were expecting to marry this man after never meeting him but having a online interaction or something? I can't for the life of me understand why you would waste your time on someone who treats you like shit who you've never even met.

He's having a real relationship with someone where he lives. Get rid of him for good and get OFF your computer and go meet men face to face.

With all do respect what you and others consider a relationship are very different from how I or someone else would consider a relationship. If I feel like it was a relation and my partner agreed, even if it did end, it still was whatever we thought it was.
    Unless you're in a restricting religion/custom where your parents choose your boyfriend and you don't even meet in person until the wedding day and you're not allowed to do anything different then you waste your time and emotions on bullShit. You wouldn't know how much you're missing though if you're forced to conduct your romantic relationship over a computer. Online relationships are not even real interaction. You won't even know who you're actually THINKING you're in love with until you meet them and see if the fantasy matches the reality.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 03-03-15 at 08:46 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Oh for goodness sakes... stop wasting your dating years on a schmuck you've never even touched or smelled or kissed or shared food with or spent not even one minute being held by.

Are you Indian and you were expecting to marry this man after never meeting him but having a online interaction or something? I can't for the life of me understand why you would waste your time on someone who treats you like shit who you've never even met.

He's having a real relationship with someone where he lives. Get rid of him for good and get OFF your computer and go meet men face to face.

Unless you're in a restricting religion/custom where your parents choose your boyfriend and you don't even meet in person until the wedding day and you're not allowed to do anything different then you waste your time and emotions on bullShit. You wouldn't know how much you're missing though if you're forced to conduct your romantic relationship over a computer. Online relationships are not even real interaction. You won't even know who you're actually THINKING you're in love with until you meet them and see if the fantasy matches the reality.
    Well I certainly agree that a lot of people on the Internet are untrustworthy, perverted loners who probably lie often. But I really got to know him, and yes I have dated a man face to face. He cheated on me not even a month and a half in, and it gets better, my friends sent me pictures of him in a corner store sucking face with some two faced bitch. And then he said it was my fault for not wanting to "go out enough" and that he was weak. I didn't have any wish to get into any relationship again at the time, I didn't ever think I'd be with a guy I met online, and no even if we were together it'd be stupid to just marry him or whatever without meeting him, of course I would want to meet him and go on dates and cuddle him. Before anything. And honestly I liked the idea of online relationships working out I think it's rare. But I believe couples have done it and hell even have gotten married, because a relationship isn't all about physical attraction, it counts. You can be a total 10 but a boring idiot. It takes mental stimulation too, there are a lot of catfish out there, but I thought it was nice to try change. I'm not going out with anyone for a while, but I'd say it wouldn't matter to me if I met a great guy in person or on the Internet.

I think you should concentrate on learning how to be a happy, confident and outgoing single before you try forming a relationship with someone/anyone else.