+ Follow This Topic

Thread: guys question about LOSING some fat!!!! and Cellulite naturally...

guys question about LOSING some fat!!!! and Cellulite naturally...

Do you guys use a post-workout drink for fat loss? Or is all that sugar a bad idea? Can you get by on protein alone? This is more complicated than I thought...

There are dozens of questions going through my mind about the best “post-exercise workout drink” for fat loss and helping with the damn Cellulite!!!!!. But there are few, if any answers, and only theories…and it seems like everyone has their own idea.

I’ll say this…I don't like sugar.. but what are your thoughts??? I want to feed my body right after a gym workout, but.. I also want to improve that butt! argh

It doesn’t make sense to “force” 30-50 grams of sugar into someone’s diet after exercise, if all they are doing is exercising three times per week and trying to lose fat....
    Only for Women!!! You have to watch this awesomeness on how to RULE OVER MEN!!
    http://www.KleinKleine.Comlu.com/lod.html

I know it's a bit crazy but call me a feminist activist if you want 'cause this is real POWER!!
    and yes girls I get a little commi if you get it but it's so interesting I wanted to share it. Ciao bella

-

Best post workout drink is water. Just plain water.

This business of feeding your body after a workout.....Is it because you're really hungry or is it some theory? A personal trainer friend once told me that if you're starving post workout, eat a banana.

My belief is that the best way to eat and drink is to go natural. If what you are putting in your body didn't exist 100 years ago, then don't ingest it. Best theory I've seen to date: Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sugar after exercise fills up your muscles and reduce soreness and helps recover faster. But you can use protein too and it will aid a little recovery because of amino acids like glutamine. Basically you don't need supplements for fat loss. Just a good food is enough. Chicken breast and salads or vegetables is enough. Also include some health fats like olive oil, fish oil. krill oil and nuts. If you lift weights it might not help much with loosing weight because you gain muscles and they are heavier than fat but might help shape your body, especial if you do body sculpting program.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Strong muscles use more Kjs and will really help burn off fat. I can't believe how much weight training helped my weight loss. Especially focus on those big muscle groups. But yes, muscle does weigh more than fat, so consider the fit of your clothes alongside the weight on the scales.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Im going to gym 2-3 times a week and while I been only gaining weight while training, without gym I gain weight even faster so it helps me become fat slower instead of faster. While gym burns calories it also increase appetite and my died consists of lots of carbs that I don't need.
    While basil drinks water after gym and eats bannana. I Drink water before gym to help with pumps and after gym thats when I really eat and pig out. Tried not to eat after gym but it just makes me feel tired and think slows down recovery.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

haha PC - if I ate like you describe, I'd also be putting weight on.

Quote Originally Posted by GemaaaSpirit
    Do you guys use a post-workout drink for fat loss? Or is all that sugar a bad idea? Can you get by on protein alone? This is more complicated than I thought...

There are dozens of questions going through my mind about the best “post-exercise workout drink” for fat loss and helping with the damn Cellulite!!!!!. But there are few, if any answers, and only theories…and it seems like everyone has their own idea.

I’ll say this…I don't like sugar.. but what are your thoughts??? I want to feed my body right after a gym workout, but.. I also want to improve that butt! argh

It doesn’t make sense to “force” 30-50 grams of sugar into someone’s diet after exercise, if all they are doing is exercising three times per week and trying to lose fat....
    Post workout drinks are fine but not all post workout drinks are equal so without specifics we really can't help you much there. Also keep in mind that there is nothing magical about these, they are usually just protein and carbs which are great but at the end of the day what's most important is total calories, carbs, fats, and protein you've eaten by the end of the day.

Supplements are like the last 3% of where your results are going to come from. My advice to you is to concern yourself with overall nutrition, your workout, and your sleep. Those 3 factors are where the first 97% of your results come from and if you don't have those down it makes no sense to worry about factors like supplementation.

The best thing you can do is track calories, find out what your calorie maintenance level is (the number of calories at which you don't gain or lose weight) and consistently eat below that. The gym time should primarily be building muscle (cellulite isn't just the result of excess fat, it's the result of fat to muscle ratio being too lopsided so building muscle is important even for a woman) and maybe some cardio.

FYI the whole "eat tons of carbs immediately post workout" thing is mostly bro science. It's based on the idea that carbs = insulin and insulin = protein synthesis and performance enhancement. However, the amount of insulin required to have this effect is only attainable by taking exogenous insulin (aka shooting insulin like a steroid). This however, is very risky and far more dangerous than steroid use.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you want a nicer butt, here is a great article explaining the best glute exercises https://www.t-nation.com/training/advanced-glute-training

The best exercises for your butt are hip thrusts, single leg reverse hypers, bent leg reverse hypers, and other such exercises. Hip thrusts are probably the easiest to master and very, very effective.

Otherwise, squats and deadlifts (squats do nothing for your glutes if you don't go deep, fyi).

Scroll to the database at the bottom of the link and you'll find that some exercises you would've thought were great for your glutes are actually pretty mediocre compared to the aforementioned lifts.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are looking to lose weight, adding in calories (obviously) won't help. Water is the best post-workout drink, unless you are running marathons (or some other super-athlete activity) and using up abnormal amounts of electrolytes.

And BTW - there is no way to get rid of cellulite. You can reduce the appearance of it by keeping your weight down, but it won't ever go away once you have it, and skinny people get it, too, especially if you are a woman.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?