+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romantic Ideas for the 2nd Date... Please give your advice

Romantic Ideas for the 2nd Date... Please give your advice

Hello Friends

What do you view as romantic on the 2nd date (Both guys and girls)? What are the best tactics and techniques to move the relationship with that special someone just a little step closer?

I have been talking to a girl i like for a few weeks now and we went out on a date earlier this week. The date has gone very well. We originally planned to just have a couple of drinks, but ended up also having a dinner (parting each other's company late in the evening just enough time to get some sleep before work the next day). She is pretty, easy going, good sense of humour, but shy. I think the shyness bit had come undone a little bit towards the end, but still i ended our adventure with a peck on the cheek (something more may have made her a little anxious). Most important bit is we both enjoyed each other's company.

Now the stage is set for the second date and i would like to slowly warm her up to me We agreed next time to go out to an oriental restaurant and maybe a movie? (If something good is on). I would like to bring her some flowers next time i see her (Roses or Oriental Lillies i think are quite nice, they have a very pleasant fragrance) and I also wanted to get her a DVD of her favourite band (But i think this might be too much at this stage). I think before the date is over it maybe a good idea to go for a walk around the harbour, it has some very nice views. What do you think about contact? Is it advisable to text her from time to time during the week to keep in touch or best leave a bit of mystery until the time we meet again? What are you opinions? What do you think makes a 2nd date a date to remember???

Thank you in advance to anyone who would like to help!!!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I awate to see other's responses to this question. Despite not dating for the past 5 yrs, I was never that good at it in the first place.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Noone DARES to post a reply in my thread

TAVS, looks like you and me are alone on this one...
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

"Romance" for men is usually quite artificial and ordinary (flowers, candlelight, blah, blah, blah), so I don't really know what to tell you. I prefer something less ordinary. One of my most romantic "dates" was when I was camping with my husband before we were married, and he went out in the rain and made me breakfast under a broken umbrella while he insisted I stay in the sleeping bag.

I think real romance is tailored to the individual and their needs. The standard stuff is sweet, but it's not real romance. Just be thoughtful.

EDIT: What I would really enjoy would be to have high-quality literature read to me. Shakespeare's sonnets would be nice...

[QUOTE=shh
    EDIT: What I would really enjoy would be to have high-quality literature read to me. Shakespeare's sonnets would be nice...[/QUOTE]
    No offense Shh!, but don't do this on your 2nd date. Or 3rd, or 4th....

You think giving her a CD is too over the top at this stage, but you'd give her flowers??

Lloyd - Ha! Good point. You are right, unless the girl is a Brit Lit major...

"You think giving her a CD is too over the top at this stage, but you'd give her flowers??" by Lloyd95

Yes Llloyd, I would give flowers. I think giving too many things at once would be over the edge at this stage. From my past experience in dating, giving flowers to somebody is not just a present, it's a proccess. The flowers are taken back home. They are cut and catered for. They are arranged for presentation and put into a vase somewhere where you can see them. The room fills up with the fragrance for almost a week and each time you see them or smell them you get a slight flashback of the night before.

Shh, i think flowers are very romantic and sweet (It's as romantic as you can go on only the 2nd date when you are still learning about the person). They are not be all and end all. There are many more things that can be done to make an evening a romantic one, flowers are just a small part (A nice touch). In regards to poetry and breakfasts in the rain, this goes back to personal preference (Each to his/her own) it would be very hard to tell after the first date how to personalize it.

Thank you for your responses, i thought this thread was on the verge of death
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I took a girl to Paris for a second date?

You did that, but you wouldn't read Shakespeare?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    You did that, but you wouldn't read Shakespeare?
    I cant' read (Ye Olde english)

I think it would be cheaper to get a tutor than it is to fly to Paris, but boy, you must've REALLY liked that girl...

I think it would be cheaper to get a tutor than it is to fly to Paris, but boy, you must've REALLY liked that girl...
    Not necessarily. she said she had always wanted to go. She was a teacher and the end of summer was nearing, so she had time off. I had never been...

So? Are you gonna keep me hanging? How was the trip? Did you marry her?

So? Are you gonna keep me hanging? How was the trip? Did you marry her?
    Yes, the trip was awesome.
    Yes I married her. how could she resist me? This boy's got game

Now she's divorcing me.

Aww, so sad. Maybe you should've taken her somewhere new, you romantic sap...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast