+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Message to All Men: STOP RANDOMLY APPROACHING GIRLS.

Message to All Men: STOP RANDOMLY APPROACHING GIRLS.

Hey guys, so I know a lot of you might not know this but it's time you learned.

I know you think the whole randomly coming up to women approach is super charming and cute but IT'S NOT. Women (Like me and countless others) feel extremely uncomfortable when do this to us.

#1. It's really creepy. Women don't like random dudes talking to and randomly coming up to them when they're trying to do shopping/errands. We have things to do and places to go, stop wasting our time in the grocery store/bookstore.

#2. It's very intrusive and extremely pressuring. You're a complete stranger forcing us to talk to you. We have no idea what your intentions are or what you're capable of. That's troubling for any woman, especially living in a big city.

#3. Tough truth time, we've probably already approached by a bunch of guys that day that we turned down. Some of them are much more handsome/had more status (Sorry, just being honest) than you . What are you going to do/offer that really stands out? Nothing.

Just because we smile or make eye contact at you DOES NOT give you permission to bother us. We're just being polite and nothing more.

We don't want to hear how pretty you think we are or how cute you think our outfit is. We've heard that same line A MILLION TIMES and you're not being charming/suave by saying it again. You're being annoying.

Anyhow, just a little PSA for you guys. Please respect our personal space and boundaries!

Fully agree with you here. So many times I face-palm at the posts of guys who complain about their lack of success in getting a girlfriend when their technique involves approaching random women.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by saywhatnow22 View Post

#1. It's really creepy. Women don't like random dudes talking to and randomly coming up to them when they're trying to do shopping/errands. We have things to do and places to go, stop wasting our time in the grocery store/bookstore.
    Uhh...then excuse yourself? That's what I do when I'm too busy to talk to someone, it's a brainlessly simple solution to a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by saywhatnow22
    #2. It's very intrusive and extremely pressuring. You're a complete stranger forcing us to talk to you. We have no idea what your intentions are or what you're capable of. That's troubling for any woman, especially living in a big city.
    Is this a female exclusive thing or something? Because literally every single time someone has struck up a conversation with me and I didn't want to talk to them, I excused myself and that was that. Never, and I mean literally not once out of thousands of instances, has any such thing as a stranger "forcing" me to talk to them ever happened.

#3. Tough truth time, we've probably already approached by a bunch of guys that day that we turned down. Some of them are much more handsome/had more status (Sorry, just being honest) than you . What are you going to do/offer that really stands out? Nothing.
    An you know this how? Tough truth time, blind assumptions like that make you sound like a stuck up bitch.

We don't want to hear how pretty you think we are or how cute you think our outfit is. We've heard that same line A MILLION TIMES and you're not being charming/suave by saying it again. You're being annoying.
    I just pay compliments out of warmth and kindness, couldn't care less if they make me suave or whatever. If that annoys you then I apologize but with your head being so far up your ass I doubt you can hear my compliments anyway so I guess we both win?

I actually somewhat agree with your main point, random approaches to pick up women are meh, but you'd do well to rid future rants of this kind of irrational hyperbole. The only people who respond positively to that is the choir to which you preach, if you're actually trying to send a message to men it's going to be drowned out to most of them by your over-the-top raving.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 06-03-15 at 08:06 PM.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

Further to what Dick says, I have to say that there's a HUGE difference between chatting to a stranger and trying to pick up a stranger. I'm the kind of person who will chat to you in a supermarket line or in a lift. I realise it could be annoying to some and I do stop talking if the response isn't friendly. (Though I still remember the woman who refused to speak when we shared a T-bar at the snow. Doesn't everyone speak to the person they're sharing a lift with?)

I guess a really friendly, casual approach could potentially work as a pickup - but I think it would be very difficult to pull off. The kind of guy who could pull this off probably have the type of friendly personality where he wouldn't have to approach strangers in the first place.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Message to all men: stop randomly approaching saywhatnow22 to be friendly, and approach me instead! I don't mind. lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Where are you from?

In Australia, men tend not to approach girls randomly...even if Miranda Kerr walked by. They might look, but that's it for the most part. Tradesmen tend to do the wolf whistle thing but no one pays them much attention.

In Europe...different story...there's a really forward/nagging way in how they approach women and yes, it's uncomfortable and imposing. Same thing when I went to Istanbul...couldn't tell if they were trying to sell me something/pick me up/kidnap me or all three.

This doesn't apply to all women. I like getting approached by men. But if you want a date, I suggest you dress nicer, look clean, well groomed. Be friendly, nice, and smile and don't say anything sexual.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions