+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pride

Pride

Ok, I have been dating this guy for about 2 1/2 months and we aren't serious yet. He says he is not ready to be serious right now, that he really likes me and that he loves hanging out with me, but he isn't ready to be serious. My friend says it is just pride, because all his friends know he doesn't want to be serious with anyone, so if he gets serious with me then his friends might think he is a softy or something. What do you think?

he doesn't want to get serious with you.

Pride? Don't make me laugh. Sounds like he's just a young man playing the field.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with the others. He wants to date you plus date other people as well.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

yeah i dont think pride has much to do here. Look at me i stressed i dont want a Girl friend. and now look at me going on 5 months. Pride doesnt really play a big role when it comes to things like these i would say.

yeah this guy definitely is just screwing you and is eventually going to dump you, if you're going to have a girlfriend, you should care more about them than you do your regular friends (That comment was going to his perspective). Even if he's not lying to you, he just wants to screw with a bunch of women.

Hope it Helps

He just wants to have sex with other girls. You would probably be better off not even wanting to get serious with someone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Pride? Don't make me laugh. Sounds like he's just a young man playing the field.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    He just wants to have sex with other girls. You would probably be better off not even wanting to get serious with someone like this.
    ...and i agree with this one. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    ...and i agree with this one. lol.
    Oh sure ignore mine

Hi froggy21

You have to set some ground rules with this person. If you are after an exclusive relationship you have to make it very clear to him that either he becomes serious or you will have to find someone else. If you don't do this then don't expect anything more from your relationship with him than what you currently have.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~