+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very confused with the situation with me ex

Very confused with the situation with me ex

so here is the story... I started dating this girl from work in October of 2014. All was good until 2 months in and she ended up breaking up with me because she lost feelings for me. I called BS on that and I felt like it was just an easier way for her to get out of the relationship. 3 days before she broke up with me I had given her this ring. The story behind this ring is kinda cute. When I first met her She would always wear a red bow in her hair. We'll one day I kept messing with it and I broke it. I told her I would buy her a new bow and sure enough I went to James Avery and saw a bow ring and it was perfect. I gave her the ring saying hey I told you I would buy you a new bow and she loved the ring. 3 days later she breaks up with me. So after the break up 2 weeks without talking to her had passed. She ended up coming to work on Christmas Eve on her day off to give me a present which was cologne. At this point I said thanks and kinda blew her off and said I needed to get back to work. Sure enough I found out that she had walked to the front desk and started crying and then the truth came out. She realized she made a mistake to breaking up with me. She said she never losses feelings but the real reason was because I had just joined the Army and she freaked out that I would be gone. So after Christmas I talked to her and explain that I still had feelings for her and then explained to her about the whole military thing. I told her that I joined the Army National Guard and that i would only have to go train 1 weekend a month and that I would still be here. I told her that I'm still in high school so I wouldn't be sent anywhere any time soon. We ended up getting back together again. 1 month passed and she starts becoming distant with me and i give her the space she needs. She ends up breaking up with me again but this time it's because she is having family problems and that she can't handle the stress of the relationship. I have no other choice
    but to respect it. 2 week later she texts me saying that she still likes me and asks how I feel about her. I say I feel the same but I didn't want to get back in the relationship until she is 100% ready and that I didn't want the relationship to get in the way of her family problems. So we basically agree to wait. Couple more weeks have passed and I end up taking her to my rotc military ball. She even told off some girl who kept flirting with me and wanted to dance with me. She basically said hey I'm his date/girlfriend and you need to stop. We ended up leaving early and going to her place. We started making out and things begin to get intense. We didn't go all the way though. It honestly felt like we were back together. I ended up leaving. The next day at work she told her friend what happened and said that she still really likes me but can't have a relationship right now because of her family problems. The friend said she needed to stop what she was doing because she was confusing me especially with the making out and what not. A week passes we don't talk whatsoever. She goes to work all the time still wearing the ring I gave her. She told her friends that she really likes the ring and that the story behind it means a lot to her. Well another week passes she still wears a ring and she tells her friend that she likes this new guy at work and wants to "talk" to him. This guy is actually really good friends with me and explains to me that he is just not interested in her and wants to let her know that. What trips me up is that a week ago she claims to still really like me but doesn't think that she can handle a relationship. But turns around and tries to hook up with this guy. I feel like she is lost in her emotions and doesn't know what she really wants anymore. I also feel like she is trying to move on but can't get over me so she tries getting with this new guy. It's obviously not going to work since he has no feelings for her. I don't think she can just loose feelings for me within a week after everything I did for her and after what we did after the military ball. Like I said she still wears the meaningful ring I gave her everyday so she still has to have some sort of feelings for me. I need some advice on what I should do? I really like her still and want to make things better between me and her. I'm running out of time because I'm leaving to basic training this summer.

If you do get back together, don't let the same issues that destroyed your relationship crop up again. Have a good, long talk about how you're both going to make it right this time. Don't let it get you down if they don't want to be with you. It's probably for the best. Express regret things weren't working out between you and ask if you can talk about it now that you have some perspective. Ask if what went wrong was related to what you've been working on. Your ex may have a different perspective.