+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i cheating

am i cheating

9 years married, everything is okay. Lately, i recontact with my old acquaintance. We met 3 times 22 years ago, when he had a summer holiday and lived in front my old home before I moved out. We contact via chat only, everyday, at least 1 hour a day in months, we live in different country. I do like him and sure he said the same, but we rarely talked about feelings. We are friend, not lover, but different. Undefined friend, special, at least for me. is it cheating or not?
    Last edited by Millie24; 26-03-15 at 09:05 PM.

Emotional cheating

Thank you for the reply. It is not as big as real cheating, isnt it?

Cheating is cheating no matter what category it falls into.

Depends on if you keep it from your hubby or not. If you are keeping it from him, you must ask yourself why.

I told my husband that i chat with him, but not detail like quantities and topics. I didnt tell my husband that he said that he like me, but i didnt tell that our topics mostly about politics, cultures, jokes, nothing importants and less personal either.

Why don't you have these nice long chats with YOUR HUSBAND?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I do, i am in a good marriage, but different kind of chat (generally about our kid, job, friend, funny videos, never about feeling). yes, i guess this is emotionally cheating. I won't meet him anyway, i am afraid something worse happened.

Okay, well there's your answer right there then lady. (your last sentence), "I won't meet him anyway, I am afraid something worse happened" or may happen as i believe you meant. Unless you already met him that is.

Let me clarify. IF you are concerned that something would happen then you ARE attracted to this man waaay more than simply just having a new buddy to shoot the shit with. This does not sound like a 'kicks and giggles' friendship in which case, yes, you are definitely toying with having an affair.

Time to remember those vows. Time to reverse the situation and ask yourself , 'gee, would I be pleased if my husband did this to me?'
    If the answer is no, knock it off..
    oh yeah, and this new friend of yours? Not so great. He knows your married yes? Yet he continues to woo? Time to take off those rose tinted glasses lady.

Yes, i got it now. I should end it as soon as posible. It will be awkward if i suddenly disappear, but i think it is the best. Thank you all. Really.

No problem. Hope it all works out for you and do take care.

actually emotional cheating is as bad as sexual. i'm glad you are ending it.