+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel very strongly for this one person, but he doesn't date 'fat' girls...

I feel very strongly for this one person, but he doesn't date 'fat' girls...

I can't lie, I'm struck with the common illness that nearly everyone in their lives will come across: Infatuation.
    When I think about him, I can't help but feel helpless and distraught. I get it, High school romances are s**t and usually don't last, but I still want to peruse.
    I've never been in a relationship, I've never held hands, kissed, or dated anyone, and that part of me has been repressed up to this point. But time and time again, I reach a block in the path.
    He doesn't date 'Fat' girls, and I'm on the fence of staying the way I am and changing just to be able to even stand a chance with him.
    I've always been find with my body, and I don't think people should be judged for their weight, but yet, I have found someone who does have a problem, leaving me on the thin edge of the wedge.
    Once, and only once did I admit my feelings, and it was to him, only for him to say "Sorry, but, you're not my type."
    I regret asking what his type was.
    "Not... fat"
    (I have to say, I like this HTML thing this site does)
    He is really skinny, and 'emo'? (I can never figure out the differences.), Quiet effeminate, and I like that kind of thing (Don't judge, heheh.)
    So, yea, I have come to a block in this, as all my other friends are clueless of this situation.

Hi Bishop ! Welcome to forums !

Good that you posted in teenagers section so I don't have to ask for your age. Losing weight is always good idea if you are really overweight. Reduce health risks and maybe make you feel better and more confident. But losing weight just to like one person is not worth it. Truth is he don't deserve you, even if you become thin he wont deserve you because he wasn't there when at your worst so he don't deserve you at your best. I suggest you look into his words to understand how higly he values you and value him the same way to stop this infatuation.

Now these days I see lot of fat girls with cute boyfriends. Seems like guys like all types of girls. I suggest be confident and there will be nothing in your way to find what you deserve.
    Also kissing and holding hands is not a big thing. It just happens, don't even need real boyfriend for that. I mean you can go on first date and do these things. So I suggest you keep looking for the guys you like and then instead of telling your feelings straight away just ask them on a date until somebody agrees. In this way you wont waste time with guys and maybe even spend some fun time together with opposite gender.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

You are what you are attracted to....he doesn't find your type attractive, oh well you can't change that, it's the way he is. Stop liking him and keep looking for someone who does...

Thank you
    I will take your advice and be more confidant. I was thinking of joining a gym for a bit now.
    (Although, I will say the admit of feelings was a spur of the moment, I sometimes become a bottle of the feels)

"a bottle of the feels"

That is either an auto correct or English is your second language. But either way, I love it!

Take care xx
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

and I don't think people should be judged for their weight,
    He's not judging you, he just has a preference. That's not the same as judging you.

Since you don't light his fire this will never work out. Find someone else who will like you for who you are.

Also another thing: depending on how heavy you are, you probably lost 95% of your dating pool by being overweight. Consider how this will affect your dating life. Most guys do not like girls that are too heavy. Being overweight is a choice.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)