+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Motorcycles

Motorcycles

So....wow. I just learned to drive a motorcycle today and man what a thrilling experience. I drove my car shortly after and thought to myself "wtf is this? there's no thrill here, where'd that bike?"

My dad ended up buying this Yamaha V-Star 650cc purple bike and brought it home last night. He's been wanting a nice cruiser for a good while now and finally got one. He took me out today and taught me the basics and I can actually drive the thing now.

I know a few of you on here have bikes. I know Lloyd said he had a Harley in another post. Someone else said they don't have a car and just have a bike. Any tips for a new rider? Also like to know what you think of your bikes in comparison to some others and views on cruisers versus crotch rockets.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Cruisers are hotter. Less dangerous, you can put a chick on the back with minimal risk.

I have a "starter" Harley I'd sell you if you're interested.

Tone Guest
    I think it'd be so awesome to have a bike.. I just don't trust the way other people drive.

Starter Harley? How many cc's is it? How much would you be asking for? Do you have a pic? Now that my dad has one it's piqued my interest.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I don't have a pic, but I'll try and find one on ebay it looks like.

It's a 2000 Sportster 883. Mods include, double seat w/ sissy back, Screaming Eagle jet kit, Vance and Hines stright pipes, new grips, foot pegs, some chrome. About 1900 miles. Yellow.

Looks like this without the saddle bags and windshield. It's better than this though; never dropped, better mods etc.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Sportster-2001-Harley-XLH-883-Sportster-Yellow_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49995QQitemZ4573 123718QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW[/url]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sweet, i always wanted to ride a bike. however, i knew that after i learned how to drive it normally, i would speed like there is no tomorrow.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i can't picture myself on a cruiser at my age ... if i wanted to get one, i'd most likely get a sportbike ...

i only picture old hell's angel-type folks riding cruisers ... at least, that's how it is over here ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

There's a certain image I associate with crotch rockets. Something to the degree of "I am Captain Smallc0ck, lord of all douchebaggery." The typical rider of them is just a really stupid and obnoxious fool. It's rare to find a cool sportbike rider under 30 but there are always those who surprise. While there is that big occult rebel/rocker image with cruisers I don't find myself making that judgment if they don't have the standard 6 pounds of facial hair and full leather garb.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there are plenty of cool sportbikers ... maybe not in your neck of the woods, but they do exist over here ... but all my rider friends are either asian or russian ... maybe asians dont like cruisers? i dont know ...
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

i see lots of hell angels where i live at ... they the whole bearded rocker type ...most of em ...lots of gangs here in montreal ...kinda interesting place ...never really realized it .

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort
    there are plenty of cool sportbikers ... maybe not in your neck of the woods, but they do exist over here ... but all my rider friends are either asian or russian ... maybe asians dont like cruisers? i dont know ...
    I don't think asian motorcycle companies specialize in cruisers. They obviously make them seeing as the one I have is a Yamaha but I think asian bikes are more known to be sportbikes. Could be wrong, just the impression I get.

As for cool sportbikers, I think it's more of an opinion than a demographic issue. I tend to be a lot harsher with my first impressions with guys with sportbikes because a lot of them act like morons whilst riding them. Accelerating as fast as possible, wheelies, stoppies and all the other things they do just seems pitiful. Just my opinion.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok ... i had the impression you were talking about sportbikers on a personal level, but yes, many of them are assh0les on the road ...
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.