+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When's the right time for sex?

When's the right time for sex?

Hi guys,
    I've been wondering: If you're dating someone, and taking it seriously, when do you think is the right time for sex? Do you count dates? How does a girl have to act in this area so that she won't be considered as old fashioned and still be someone you consider a real, long lasting relationship with?
    Thanks in advance,
    Shir

I tended to not take it seriously until after I'd had sex.....so I'm no help. I joke that my partner of 20+ years is the world's longest one night stand.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hi Shirkenneth, to put it straight, there is no right time to have sex. The only rule you can have sex on the first night (date).

The fact is, if a guy just wants you for a quick F@#%, he'll still leave you once you give it up. What matters is what you guys share. You need to ask yourself what does this guy value about me. I hope you find this valuable.

You should feel when it's right, some people do it right off and others wait a few dates -- even a month. No set rules, do what's right for you. You can still kiss and do other things together before sex so he knows you like him that way, not just as friends.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Best time for sex? I'd say 2.34pm on a Saturday.

See. Ask a stupid question and you'll get a stupid answer.

very good interesting temm

I want to have enough dates to get to know her. This means she actually has to tell me real things about herself. If she is not forthcoming about herself, it will not work. So typically this takes a date every week for about 2 months.

I've had some girls really impress me with their personalities and confidence so I was ready after 4-5 dates.
    Last edited by bulrush; 25-04-15 at 02:44 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I'm female, but I count the dates before I decide to have sex with someone new. I won't have sex too soon for my comfort level.