+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Triangle; with a twist

Love Triangle; with a twist

Hello reader,
    Hopefully I'm in the right forum; new here. I'm looking for a term or explanation for an ongoing Love Triangle I'm in the middle of. First off not using real names for privacy purposes, but lets go with Mike, Tom, & Lucy.

I've know Lucy for a long time; since elementary school. We have been excessively close on an emotional level for about thirteen years now. I fell for her charms three years ago; she didn't reciprocate. I've learned to accept that and have moved on.

I met Tom through Lucy about five years ago. They dated for about a year and a half, and that includes their nine "breaks". He fell out of "love" during those breaks. While she didn't up until recently.

Two years ago we had our first threesome. We were drunk as anything and she was horny. We'll two strapping men took the plunge. Maybe it was because we were both intoxicated, but neither of us minded the site of the other mans manhood. It was long, strange, excessively fun night.

We all woke up the next morning sober. And promptly started up again. Through this Lucy got more attached than she already was, to Tom and Mike both physically and emotionally. Just as Tom and Mike both did to her. Through this Tom and I's grew far closer, our friendship blew our old one out of the water. We grew to trust each other on an emotional level. We talk about things "men" usually don't talk about to other men. I mean, after having a man's manhood dangling inches from your face, there isn't much reason to have barriers is there?

But lets get to the question. Lucy would do anything for either Tom or Mike. Just as Tom and Mike would do anything for Lucy. We all love each other emotionally and physically. But none of us wants a "relationship" with each other. Either as a group or Tom/Lucy or Mike/Lucy scenario.

It's all excessively confusing. We all love each other. But we're not in love.

So after reading this little story. What term, phrase, or explanation would you use to coin our relationship?
    Last edited by Spazticiology; 02-04-15 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Wrong Forum

I know three people who are in a polyamorous relationship. In their case, it's one guy and two girls and all three are also free to have other partners as they wish. Like the two boys in your story, the two girls are very close. Would this work for you?

You don't have to choose the whole monogamy thing if it's not what you want. Just make sure you keep broadminded friends
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

BFF... Best Fukc Friends

... Fvck Buddies ...

... not to mention addicted.

Twill be interesting to see how you all fair getting into a relationship where you actually ARE in love with the one you're porking and how hard it will be for any of you to go cold turkey withdrawl from your triad.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Everything will work out fine until one of you finds someone you fall in love with. Then, the threesomes would need to stop for newbie's sake. Could create tension if they ever found out as well but hey, right now your all just having fun, exploring, why not.