+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he lying about cancer?

Is he lying about cancer?

Hi, well this might be a little long..... Ok so me and my ex boyfriend have been broken up for about 5 months, we were together for 2 years. Our relationship wasn't the best as we argued a lot due to myself suffering from depression and we lived further away from each other.
    We both loved each other (well he said he did but not sure) I say that cause he didn't really show it very well he said it.
    Anyway the issue is I found out 2 months ago he has terminal cancer, well I think he does. I'm questioning that he has it because he has a tendency to exaggerate and lie about things. There has never been really bad lies like cheating or things. It was liver cancer but it spread to his pancreas and stomach now. He says he's getting radiotherapy to prolong his life. But something is telling me he is telling me for attention. How can I tell?
    He also wants to meet up with me for his birthday, why would he want to see me his ex girlfriend on his apparent last birthday? It's meant to be just a night of having great sex as we were good at that together. He says though he wants me to move on after. He says he doesn't want me to say "I love you" or or him to say it as he says it will hurt too much. I thought someone that was dying would try to say their feelings before they go? Please help as Iv been wrecking my brain for a while. Thanks

Hon, if you can't trust him to be honest with you - why are you considering sleeping with him?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.