+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Slept with my friend to forget about my "lady friend".

Slept with my friend to forget about my "lady friend".

You guys remember the last time I was here. I broke up a relationship that was never suppose to take place with a married woman. Well, I attached the link in the bottom. I met my friend for a about a month already, she is a couple years older then me. We kicked it real good. I told her that I had problems about my "lady friend". She understood and told me to forget about her. I told her that I couldn't because we were just hooked with eachother. I still talk to my lady friend and meet for brunch. We still give small kisses and hugs and say goodbye. But I told this to my friend and she would always get pissed off because I won't forget my lady friend. So one night, my friend invites me to her place. I come over and her roomates are taking off to catch a flick. So we are talking and I want to go watch a movie too because I was nervous around my friend. So then I told her that I wanted to catch a flick too and so she says, "fine". We start walking downstairs and I look at my cell to see if my lady friend left me a text message. As I look at my cell, my friend tells me," don't worry, she won't call". We get in my car and she tells me, "Look, forget about her, please???" Then I nod and then she kisses me. We start kissing in my car and she ask me to go back to her place. We got off and walk back. We get inside and we go at it and sleep right before her roomates come back. The funny thing is, I still haven't forgot about my lady friend. Sex with my friend was good and touchy because my friend was trying to make me fall in love with her. We spoke after wether I'll forget her or not, and I just said that I will work at it. My friend then smiled and we called it a day. A week went by and I still don't want to forget my lady friend. Is there anything wrong with me? My friend is cute and has a nice body, but I don't know why I haven't forgot about my lady friend. Ask me some questions.
    [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/t8484-had-to-say-good-bye-to-my-lady-friend.html]last thread[/URL]
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Wiered dude. I dont know what to say. Surprised your new friend is even interested when you throw the married woman in her face all the time
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some people just like a challenge I guess.

You don't have to FORGET about your 'lady friend', but you do need to forget about having a relationship with her. She's married, and she has KIDS, and she's right, she really needs to spend more time committing herself to them and making things right.

Let me tell you a story. I work for an office that has (or had) 2 affilated offices. Three doctors, 1 man, 2 women, and one female accountant that worked for all three of them. Two of those doctors were married, with three kids. The man was having an affair with the accountant for 10 YEARS. Finally, his wife found out and divorced him, and now him and the accountant live together. His now ex-wife told his kids that they should be civil to 'dad's new gf' and treat her with respect, and the younger one said "Oh, you mean the lady who destroyed our family?" He lost the respect of his colleagues and staff and pretty much everyone. (He's been hitting the scotch pretty hardcore too)

Do you want to be the jerk that destroys someone's family? Do you want your lady friend to lose the love and respect of everyone who she cares about? Trust me, you don't. Try to find an available girl. I think in your heart you know what's right. You need to stop meeting her for brunch and kissing her, for one. You're making her job of trying to re-commit to her family harder than it should be.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree with bluesummer's post (Wow for 10 YEARS??? - that blows my mind -that makes her almost part of the family hehe)

The other thing to think about is the moving on bit (And move on is something you will have to do regardless of whether you like it or not). Chances are, when you are ready to move on (If it's not now) your NEW friend will not be there for you (Because i think she will just get tired of waiting for you to come around). Wouldn't you rather move on, while you have an opportunity to move on with your new friend (Considering that she is attracted to you) or would you rather move on later on by yourself?

The hardest bit for you is to forget the past and treat it as a wanderful memory (But no more than that). My advice for you is to concentrate on your new friend. Dedicate more time to her and maybe with time you will develop more intimacy for her. Trust me, the easiest way to forget is to occupy your mind with something else. If you don't think anything will ever happen between you and your new friend then i think you should probably stop leading her on and let her go...

In any case, hope above helps!!!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~