+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being dumped and denial

Being dumped and denial

Just wanted to provoke a discussion of sorts. It seems to me that if you are dumped then this is either because of one of two reasons:
    1. The person doing the dumping is doing this for no valid reason at all. If this is the case then they're a bit loony and you're surely better off without them.
    2. The person doing the dumping is not happy with the relationship and it might, just might, be something to do with you.

I'm curious about this because I see lots of stuff about 'he dumped me out of the blue for no good reason' yet I wonder if this is denial on the part of the person being dumped? After all, denial is so tempting and it's so very comfortable and it's less easy to take a long look at yourself and possible failings on your part isn't it?

Well, everyone here knows I don't allow Opening Posters to remain in "victimhood." Yes, it's much easier to be a victim of then be a cause of. Easier on the ego.

That being said: It takes two people to make a relationship a success just as it takes two people to destroy one.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion