+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Chance to make a Second First Impression

Chance to make a Second First Impression

Hey Folks,

I have a rare chance coming up this weekend to make a second first impression. Would appreciate some feedback/advice.

Quick synopsis; Met her online last year mid-september. We went on a few dates which went well, but my busy season in my job was about to begin (literally on lockdown 24/7) and hers would begin right when mine ended, so wouldn't have time to see each other for close to a month. We agreed to stay in contact and see where we were at when we had mutual free time.

Long story short, she started dating another guy, but wanted to stay friends...I wasn't overly interested in that, but didn't close the door on it - we stayed in occasional contact. They've since broken up and we've re-connected and hung out as friends a handful of times (including her coming over to my place for dinner and a movie) which have gone well, but have stayed relatively "friend-like". However, she's been giving off signs of interest through texting, social media, etc (trust me, I've asked my female friends to confirm), and by accepting my date request, it shows she's willing to give it a shot.

I'm excited for it, but also nervous because it's kind of like a first-date, but also not since we know each other quite well. I guess my question is how do I approach it? I can tell you we have made a plenty strong connection as far as personality/goals/etc go, but the "spark/chemistry" factor is still an unknown and my strong suit has never been making the leap to romance. I'm worried about it seeming like I am trying to hard, but also don't want to fall into my usual "too friend-like" habit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, if it's helpful; for the date we are going to the art museum downtown (we had talked about that a while ago) and going out for dinner afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Irvin088 View Post
    Hey Folks,

I have a rare chance coming up this weekend to make a second first impression. Would appreciate some feedback/advice.

Quick synopsis; Met her online last year mid-september. We went on a few dates which went well, but my busy season in my job was about to begin (literally on lockdown 24/7) and hers would begin right when mine ended, so wouldn't have time to see each other for close to a month. We agreed to stay in contact and see where we were at when we had mutual free time.

Long story short, she started dating another guy, but wanted to stay friends...I wasn't overly interested in that, but didn't close the door on it - we stayed in occasional contact. They've since broken up and we've re-connected and hung out as friends a handful of times (including her coming over to my place for dinner and a movie) which have gone well, but have stayed relatively "friend-like". However, she's been giving off signs of interest through texting, social media, etc (trust me, I've asked my female friends to confirm), and by accepting my date request, it shows she's willing to give it a shot.

I'm excited for it, but also nervous because it's kind of like a first-date, but also not since we know each other quite well. I guess my question is how do I approach it? I can tell you we have made a plenty strong connection as far as personality/goals/etc go, but the "spark/chemistry" factor is still an unknown and my strong suit has never been making the leap to romance. I'm worried about it seeming like I am trying to hard, but also don't want to fall into my usual "too friend-like" habit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, if it's helpful; for the date we are going to the art museum downtown (we had talked about that a while ago) and going out for dinner afterwards.

Thanks in advance!
    make love to her.

things will take care of itself from there.

regarding the date, be honest. say i am super nervous coz it's like a first date with a person i know well already.

say, i am trying to make the leap from friend zone and swipe you off your feet, and laugh about it...

whatever the situation presents laugh about it...

then make love to her and there you go, no more freindzone...

what impresses me the most in a guy is honesty and him saying how he really feels...
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 09-04-15 at 07:57 PM.

You can try these ideas - Go for Sports Events, Musical Concert, Fun Fare etc. Ask about her interest.