+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 2nd date?

2nd date?

Met a girl for a first date; I picked her up and took her to a local microbrewery/bar for a few drinks. We had a really nice conversation and she insisted we go for a walk after the place closed. Things went really well. I dropped her off and she said she is a hugger and asked if I wanted a hug or a handshake. I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek/hugged her and said "How about that?" She giggled and asked me to text her when I got home. I did. We texted back and forth all day the next day complimenting each other. She told me she had a good time. Fastforward to last night in the evening; she got off from work early and I thought it would be a good idea to maybe ask her out again. Not many places were open, and I came up with a restaurant that wasn't really that great (don't really like restaurant dates, but I was hungry at the time). She sounded interested but declined and I kinda took it personally and responded with "fair enough". She asked if she could take a rain check on my offer, and I said "sounds good". I gave it a whole day and haven't sent any text messages. I kind of wanted to leave the ball in her court, but I decided to text her tonight and ask her "Hey, how's it goin?" tonight. She hasn't replied yet, but I'm sure she will when she has free time. I know she is busy with work and other things; she's a bartender and works on weekends.

I honestly really like this girl and I'd like to have a second date. I hope I didn't blow it last night. What do you guys think? Like I said, she will probably respond... but if she does, I am not sure where to take her. Was thinking like a mini golf kind of deal or a walk. There aren't a whole lot of local events happening until May and June.

Well man keep trying I would say she wont respond but if you believe she will then good luck with that. As long as one stays positive I believe it can work. Maybe you should visit her at work and ask her out there. It would be harder to refuse in person.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

erm. you didn't blow anything.

she should have given you an explanation as to why she is declining, or suggest when the rain check date is.

that would mean she is interested.

this still doesn't mean she isn't. many women, especially younger ones, are bullied by society into playing hard to get, as they call it.
    being told that if she makes herself 'too available', the guy will lose interest.

this is a really silly routine coz why would she want a guy who can't stand to be wanted and loved.
    who needed an aloof game player to stay interested, but loads of women still take it, and play a bit unavailable in the begging.

this does not necessarily make her pathological game player, just a bit scared to lose you.

if she replies, mini golf sounds really good.

i would not call her or text again, till she responds, but yah, when she does ask her out again.
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 13-04-15 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tropus View Post
    She hasn't replied yet, but I'm sure she will when she has free time. I know she is busy with work and other things; she's a bartender and works on weekends.
    Most people are ****ing glued to their mobile phones and you my friend are in denial. She is busy bla bla bla bullshit. If she was interested she'd be in touch. She's playing around with you. So leave her to get in touch and stop enabling this game playing.

Frankly, I just think it was a lame idea to ask her to THAT restaurant. She did give me a reason; it was along the lines of "That sounds really tempting, but I am kinda tired. Can I take a raincheck?"

She did text me when she got off work last night. She said she had left her phone at home and apologized. We talked about movies.. she is into horror. Now I am debating taking her to a movie over mini golf. I don't know what the better option would be. I'm probably going to kiss her for real on this date.

How old are you guys? It's nice to see how you taking these little steps trying to make most of it, thinking where would better date be.
    Good luck to you man !

Both mid twenties

Frankly, I just think it was a lame idea to ask her to THAT restaurant. She did give me a reason; it was along the lines of "That sounds really tempting, but I am kinda tired. Can I take a raincheck?"

She did text me when she got off work last night. She said she had left her phone at home and apologized. We talked about movies.. she is into horror. Now I am debating taking her to a movie over mini golf. I don't know what the better option would be. I'm probably going to kiss her for real on this date.
    hey, i'm glad things are going good.

yah, restaurant first dates can be awkward.

i vote for mini golf, and kissing, yay.

It's crucial that both of you enjoy talking or texting to each other [reciprocity is key to making a relationship]

If you feel that you can't ask her out a second time, then don't bother. It's not a kind of relationship you'd want anyway. It doesn't feel 'fun' or 'exciting'

The bottom line is: just be cool. Girls are attracted to men who are cool.

Don't fret too much about it
    formysweetheart.com <---unbelievably romantic gift ideas

Yeah I wanted to take her to mini golf but our schedules just don't allow for it (yet). Kinda already got a second date lined up for Saturday evening to see a movie. Just waiting for a confirmation. I picked Saturday because if things go well, we can probably go out afterward.

She's not your typical girl regarding her cell phone usage. During our first date she didn't even get it out once. Sometimes she replies quickly and other times it takes a few hours. I know she is just busy and I am not pushy about it. I don't send pushy texts asking why she doesn't respond right away. That is actually something I think is very attractive. Sometimes I feel that people get too attached to their cell phones.

I am fairly confident that she likes me and will probably continue to date me assuming things go great. On her dating profile it just says she wants to date and not really looking for a serious relationship, but I think she probably is. I am starting to consider already if I would like to be in a relationship with her. Hard to say at this point, but so far so good. It seems we have a lot of similarities and common interests. One concern I have is that I am introverted and she is extroverted. Even so, I felt like the dialogue we have so far is balanced.

I think its sexy when girl dont use her phone much.

You know all people are born extrovert but because of life events and such they become introvert. You would be more extroverted too if you were working in a bar with people. Good that you have similar interests. Thats actually rare.

So here's the deal; I have a movie date with her Saturday night. We have flirted quite a bit over text since the weekend. Today she asked ME out to go see a movie with some of her friends tomorrow night. It's a horror movie. I'm going to pick her up. This has never happened to me before. What to expect? Should I play it light? I am nervous and excited.

So here's the deal; I have a movie date with her Saturday night. We have flirted quite a bit over text since the weekend. Today she asked ME out to go see a movie with some of her friends tomorrow night. It's a horror movie. I'm going to pick her up. This has never happened to me before. What to expect? Should I play it light? I am nervous and excited.
    be spontaneous and have fun, sun is contagious and a man capable to enjoy himself is very attractive.

obviously there will be other people there so you cannot make too many romantic moves, but you can let her now, next time you'd like to be just you and her.

she wants you to meet her friends, that is a compliment.

have fun my man.

2nd date was awesome. Got the first kiss in there and everything.