+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I end the friendship

Should I end the friendship

Since I started college back in January, me and this girl became friends fast, and I've developed feelings for her. We hang out all the time at school and we've hung out at her place, we just watch netflix nothing romantic or anything, we chat a lot on facebook too. She always mentions dates she goes on and guys she likes and it kinda bothers me because I've never been on a date before and I have a crush on her, I highly doubt she has any romantic feelings for me.

So my question is should I cut off all contact abruptly before the friendship gets any further? I've thought about quitting school to fully get away and because of my own anxieties but she always wants me to stay in school when I mention to her that I`m thinking about quitting (she doesn`t know the real reason I want to leave) but I want to cut off all communication quickly (facebook, getting a new phone number etc) to spare the heartache and I feel like she probably wouldn't care if I did cut off contact

Are you sure she would never think of dating you? Only in the friend zone with her? If it hurts to crush on her and always want more with her then it does you no favors to hang out with her a lot. Maybe tell her how you feel before you cut off any communications and friendship, that discussion with her will give you closure of some kind at least. No, don't quit school, I agree with her on that too.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”