+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be emotionally honest?

Should I be emotionally honest?

So I've been seeing this girl outside of school two times now. She knows that I like her, I even asked her if I could kiss her because I didn't want to be a douche and do it from nowhere (that was the second date). She said no, and then explained how she had a great time with me etc etc but she did not want to be in a relationship right now because she feels that relationships are too clingy. I have always taken the initiatve, I asked her out, called her and greeted her all the time. I can say for sure that she was intressted in me the first time we were out, and I do regret not kissing her at that time. I'm a confident guy, I have no problem talking to people, but around her I get all flustered and nervous. I asked her if she wants to take a walk and have a chat sometime next week, she said yes. I really just want to be open to her and tell her just how I feel about her (she knows that I like her, but I want to say more than just 'I like you'). But as a girl, do you think that I seem like a weak guy if I just open up in front of her and tell her just how much I like her, or is it something that she might find charming?

I know it depends from girl to girl, but what would you think of a guy who became really honest in front of you? Let's say that I tell you why I like you, I haven't found the right words to say to you, I regret not kissing you on the first night, you are a one in a million girl. How would you react, is it a turn off or a turn on?

Me personally I would find it quite charming and adorable, BUT she clearly stated she wasent rly into a relationship at the moment. And since thats the case, opening up to her like that I fear would back fire on you.. If I was in the situation I would feel a bit annoyed even, since Ive made my intentions clear, but you confessing your love I gues really means you dident listen to what I wanted..
    I wonder what you hope will happen if you confessed your feeling for her?

Why would you think that telling her that you like her would be a good idea? She's already told you that she didn't want to kiss you (you should have never asked but just simply waited for a right moment when she was showing you in body language that she was open to it.) That means she's not open to any kind of casual sexual/romantic relationship with you)and, she's clearly told you that she doesn't want to be in a relationship. That means she is not interested in any kind of commitment to you either.

After dissecting that for you can you honestly say that you should tell her how you feel?

I suggest you completely give up on this one or you will end up being like her faithful Labrador Retriever who follows her around begging for a treat or a bit of attention.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yeah I don't think you should be open with her yet. It doesn't sound like she wants anything or she wouldn't have said she's not interested in a relationship. The only thing that might work is to back off and stop giving her attention, or just give it to her in small doses. Then if you do see her, just go for the kiss but don't talk about it, keep her guessing.