+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to Proceed cont.

How to Proceed cont.

I posted a while ago about a break/break up and waiting until I moved back to try again and now that that time is almost here I thought getting some advice on where she may be at and how I should proceed would be appreciated. My gf and I broke up almost three months ago and it was initiated by me but sort of became mutual. I then regretted it and tried getting back together with her but she didn't want to. She said that she'd let me take her out when I move back for good in May and see how she feels then.

We dated for about two years and for the most part it had been long distance and we had seen each other only on weekends excluding summers which to me ended up causing a lot of strain on the relationship and caused its eventual end. Currently we talk a good amount and she initiates about 1/3 of the time but I feel like our conversations have begun to have a lot more substance and she seems more engaged so that has led me to initiate more frequently. She's begun asking more about what I'm doing and my plans at night and telling me hers when she hadn't really seemed to have interest until now.

Recently she has told me she is willing to comp me things at her work whenever I want and given me access to deals she gets through her job to use for myself. She never gave me that while we were together. When we talk sometimes she'll bring up when we were together but usually it is something that could've been done differently on my part. A few weeks ago I was in town and we met up a couple of times during the day just to catch up and hang out and didn't discuss the future or anything. I haven't really been pushing her but overall she had seemed a little weird about the idea of us hanging out since then. We met up for the first time since then last weekend at a bar with mutual friends that she sort of invited me to but we didn't really talk that much, I noticed her looking over to me at times but she was mostly engaged with other people. I think she may have not exactly known how to act because it was the first time we had been around mutual friends together since the break up.

I move back for good in a week and I guess I see some signs of her warming up to the idea of us happening again but then there are other signs that make me second guess that. I guess I just want to know where anyone thinks she is at right now and how I should pursue her when I move back.
    Last edited by Troy; 28-04-15 at 12:10 PM.