+ Follow This Topic

Thread: where do i stand with her

where do i stand with her

I have been on 2 dates with this girl. Shes 21 and I'm 26. She just got out of a 3.5 year relationship about 6 months ago. I also got out of a relationship. She made it clear on our first date that she isn;t looking for commitment right now and just seeing what's out there and to be honest I am to.

I do like her though so far. I could for sure see myself dating her

I don't know if shes talking to other guys though she said she is.

I went to her house Sunday and she made me dinner and made leftover for my job. Our texting isn't every day but it's usually 50/50 on who texts first. Sometimes she will text first, sometimes me.

I'm seeing her again tomorrow

How should I handle this? She's not looking for commitment right now so I don't wanna push the subject and come off as clingy but I don't wanna miss out on a chance to

She has said "I just wanna make sure you know i'm not looking for commitment right now but am talking to other people"

She has said that I'm cute, great in bed and have a great sense of humor. She has talked about us seeing each other in the future

So tips? ideas?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    See my other thread about dating someone under the age of 25 (Sleed is the OP). You are walking the edge, although by law she is of age.

Realize she is not yet fully grown, especially emotionally. Eyes wide open on this and expect the possibility of being dicked around and you will be fine.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She refuses to be in a committed relationship with you and she's been very honest in letting you know that you are not the only one she is seeing. "talking" to other people is code for dating other people."
    Wear a rubber.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I would agree there really isn't all that much you can do. She's made her intentions clear. So, your best bet for now is to just continue as is and see how things go. If you do reach a point, though, where you feel like you don't want to get any closer without committing to each other, then that is perfectly understandable. If you are not at that point yet, then don't push it.

If/when you are, then it would be perfectly reasonable to talk to her about it again. Just be careful not to be pushy and not to come across like she has done anything wrong. If she wants to continue to see other people without really committing to anybody, that is within her rights. Nothing wrong with that. Especially when you consider she is still so young, she has a lot of growing to do. You are technically an adult at 21, but not really. Not to mention, she had a 3.5 year relationship before you, so for much of her young dating life so far, she's already been in one relationship that didn't work. She may want to explore a little.

Now, all the said, as much as she would not be wrong if she doesn't want to commit to anybody yet, you would not be wrong if you do. So, if/when you get to that point, just discuss it with her again. Make sure she is aware that you understand if she is not ready for that yet, but you are and if she's not then you'll have to move on. There should be no hard feelings if that is the case, you two are just at different points in your life.

If you do find yourself at the point of wanting a more serious relationship, you shouldn't stick around long with somebody it seems does not. You will be wasting valuable time in your life when you may have been able to find somebody who wants the same things you do. Good luck to you.