+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long over due

Long over due

So, I am new to this kinda asking advice on things. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area. Alright, so here is the story.

There is this girl that I have known pretty much all my life. She is a year and a half older than me. We use to hang out when we were little but stopped till my freshman year. On my freshman year we went to the same school together so because my parents worked really early her mom brought me to school. My freshman year I had a huge crush on her.. But, I was always to nervous to outright tell her. I would flirt but never really did anything else. My sophomore year was almost the same except I kinda didn't flirt as much. My junior year she was taking me to school because she was old enough to drive. At this point she was a senior. I talked to her alot. But, I never went anywhere with it. Well, now it's my senior year she is very busy most of the time with college stuff. But, sometimes she still brings me to school. I'm not sure if that's a sign she likes me or anything. I have never been in a relationship before. Well, the reason why I'm finally decided on whether or not to ask her is because I am going into the marines in December. I want to tell her how I feel about her because I'm not going to see her in a while. I just don't know how to say it to her. I don't want to screw this up and end up not talking to her. I have only 8 months and I want to make them the best.

If any can please share some advice for my complicated story that would be awesome.

Before you ask her out, gauge her interest. Does she flirt with you? Touch you unnecessarily? Say sexy innuendos? If so, then ask her out. But if she treats you like her kid brother, then she probably views you that way.

That being said, if you join the Marines, would you be able to have a regular relationship? If not, you could be opening up both of you to a whole world of hurt.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm actually not sure if she does flirt with me.. It's kinda weird. Sometimes when we are texting she says stuff that sounds like flirting. I wouldn't really know lol.

I could have a long distance relationship for most of the time. I will be in boot camp for three months. In those three months I can only send letters. After that I can go home for ten days. Then, I go to MOS school. During this time period I can always text and call and anything.

Do you friends see you together? Do they think she likes you?

Re the long distance thing, it's great that you could do it, but do you think she would want it? Many people aren't up for long distance because they need physical affection and being in the same proximity. I wonder if you'd be better off looking for a relationship when you're able to have a regular relationship.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well, I don't have much friends that I really talk to and I havn't really hanged out with her. But, my sophomore year her best friend at the time told me that we should go out. But, that was two years ago...

She has been in a military relationship before I didn't talk to her about it. But, I'd say it was an on off for about two years.

I don't know if she likes you in a romantic way but if she goes out of her way to drive you still she friend likes you it appears.

Can't you just ask her out and explain about going away to the military and you didn't want to miss the chance to go out with her before you leave, if she isn't into you she likes you enough probably not to be rude to you in saying no thanks.
    If you don't ask you won't know and if you do find out she doesn't like you will you still be able to be her friend, if you will then nothing is lost asking.

I hate asking someone out too, makes me anxious, so good luck.

I'm not sure how I would even go around asking xD. I've never done it before. I'm a newbie in all of this lol. I wasn't even this nervous when I enlisted haha.

It takes guts to ask someone out but think about it this way..would you rather ask her out, possibly have a great time with her while you are still at home or go off to basic training then who knows where not knowing? Which is greater the possibility of rejection or not knowing at all?

If you are brave enough to enlist, I think you'll do great at asking her or another out. Just have to go for it, you have fears because it is unknown to you, so make it known and then you remove the fear of it. Good luck.

Well.. I think I'm going to wait till after her birthday which is May 31.If I mess up I'd rather it be after lol

Not sure what to say
    Last edited by Doggey; 03-05-15 at 03:31 PM.

When you do just ask her if she wants to grab pizza or something. Maybe movies in the park if you have that where you live. (I wouldn't recommend a theater for the first date because people typically don't talk in theaters) or maybe something where there will be a group of mutual friends to take the tension out. Good luck.

So I don't tell her how I feel about her beforehand? I would like to do that first before I try going anywhere. Still debating once I get the right words to do it before or after her bday

Just going to bump this

Quote Originally Posted by Doggey View Post
    Just going to bump this
    Don't leave for boot camp before telling her...Worst case scenario you will get over her easier since it will be new start, new life. new people...

Best case scenario, she feels the same, and you have a gf you love, waiting for you.

Good luck, just tell her and if she responds well kiss her.

Go for it, she would be lucky to have you. Good luck in the army, my the odds ever be in your favour.

Well, I decided I'm going to tell her soon. We have been texting a lot lately. I plan on telling her via text message less of a chance of me messing up haha. Any ideas how I would go around saying it?

Btw ashley I'm joining the marines not the army. But thanks anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast