+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long over due

Alright guys. So, I'm going to text her today. I'm done waiting. Wish me luck haha. Still have a few hours still I do so ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggey View Post
    Well, I decided I'm going to tell her soon. We have been texting a lot lately. I plan on telling her via text message less of a chance of me messing up haha. Any ideas how I would go around saying it?

Btw ashley I'm joining the marines not the army. But thanks anyway
    Aw OK. There's a difference? I am googling it, right now

So the deed is done. I told her. Finally haha. Basically she said she is in college and I'm military so we will see how it pans out. Also there is another guy that likes her also so I have some competition haha. For now she would like to stay just friends. Think it went well

Quote Originally Posted by Doggey View Post
    So the deed is done. I told her. Finally haha. Basically she said she is in college and I'm military so we will see how it pans out. Also there is another guy that likes her also so I have some competition haha. For now she would like to stay just friends. Think it went well
    I also think it went well. The way i understand this, she asked to start as friends and take it slowly, so...
    She didn't say no, as much as, the situation is a bit complicated let's thread carefully and not get hurt...Or not crash and burn...

Good luck and God bless you both...

Thanks. As much as I want to be more than friends right away in understand it's really complicated haha. So, I'll take that advice and see where this goes

Well.. I think I'm going to wait till after her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewindom View Post
    Well.. I think I'm going to wait till after her birthday.
    Huh? Were you talking about yourself or....

Alright. So, she told me she has been dating this guy. So, she told me she wants to be great friends. I assume I am in the friend zone. I am never going to be able to shake off these feelings for her. What now? lol

Bumping...

You cannot remain friends with a girl you want to date and be in a relationship and she only wants you as a friend, move on would be your best choice. BTW you said, " I am never going to shake off these feelings I have for her" so you can't just remain her friend it will always be awkward between you both. Sounds like she was being kind in what she told you as not to hurt you.

I don't think I can do that... I don't want to hurt her either. She told me that she doesn't have much friends and she doesn't want it to be awkward between us. I don't want it to be awkward either. I haven't asked her. But, maybe there could be a future for us

I had a friend who was crushing on me and I never even knew it. I was dating someone else. Well it ended poorly and he was there for me. After some sanity time he made his move and it was the best relationship of my 20's.

Had he actually asked me, I would have been like "oh no, you and I wouldn't work, we are friends". But the way he physically made a move I got to experience some interesting chemistry that I wouldn't have thought was there.... Just some food for thought.

Thanks for the post.

I really just can't forget about her. Not only do I feel to much for her. She has been pretty much my greatest friend since I went to high school. I'm just going to wait it along. Perhaps make hints every now and again. But, definitely before boot camp if all else fails I will be making my final move.

Are you going to put off dating people for a girl who doesn't want more than friendship from you, she is off dating men, so why don't you go date women too?
    Why wait and hope for her to change her made up mind?

You can never tell she might also have interest in you. She might be the type that will want you to talk first. Make the move and clear your mind. Which ever way it goes you have dropped the load on your chest... Her response which everway will bring relief to you.
    Last edited by bamisepeters; 14-05-15 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Not complete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast