+ Follow This Topic

Thread: fiancee staying out for days partying

fiancee staying out for days partying

Hi, my fiancee and I have been together nearly 10 years and when we got together she was a bit of a party animal but did calm down a bit but the last few months she has gone back to her old ways and every few weeks she goes out and doesn't come back for days, she also makes no contact during this time not even answering texts.Twice in the last month she has gone out on the Friday night and not come home till Sunday night, at the moment she went out on Saturday morning and is still not back and it's Monday morning.I am getting really sick of this now and don't know what to do as we just bought a house together last year.

.... I think she was in Vegas with my brother ... O.o

Go see a lawyer and get your options ironed out.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Break up and sell the house
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do what they ^^ said, but get your ring back first.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You need to be very direct with her and tell her that this is unacceptable and that you don't like it. If she blows you off then break up.

My girlfriend will go out with her friends on like Friday night and come back Saturday cause she'll spend the night at her friends house if she's had some to drink, but going days with no contact would be a deal breaker for me.

Though I hate to say it, I do kind of agree with the above comments. Still, I will say maybe you shouldn't be quite so quick to react. Is it okay for her to go out for days partying? Sure.... but considering how long you have been together and that you are engaged to be married she should either include you (if you desire to be included), or at the very least she should let you know ahead of time when she will be leaving and getting back, and should be in touch periodically throughout.

Don't get me wrong. It isn't like she should be checking in with you every ten minutes, but to go that long without even a word and completely ignoring your texts is NOT okay. It is completely disrespectful.

I suppose I would maybe suggest talking to her about it first. Maybe something is wrong and she is not being up front with you about it, but is instead hiding from it by making these disappearing acts. If there is something wrong, then she should give you the chance to help, or if it is about you, to work with her on fixing it, Bottom line, though, that sort of thing needs to stop. Otherwise, why would you ever marry somebody who treats you with such disregard and disrespect?

Good luck to you.

EDIT:

CrasherRob apparently posted at the same time as me, but I think he illustrates a good distinction between what is reasonable and what is not. It is okay if she wants to go out partying with her friends. Heck, it is even okay if, from time to time, she wants to do so for days in a row. The problem is, she should be letting you know ahead of time, and should certainly not be going no contact for days in a row.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 07-05-15 at 07:38 AM.