+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need to get this off my chest

thank you all for being part of a 'case study' for my uni assignment

'mollie' is a fictional character i used for a 5,000 word essay i have to write on a lady who had, as you all read and replied to was having an emotional rollercoaster.
    my name is actually Rheanne, im 23, VERY single and studying at uni to become a MHN and councillor.

the essay had to involve a number of problems 'mollie' was going thru, and i have to write advice on how to council her thru her problems, how best to support her thru, (and how NOT to ) the number of issues she has and was to be conducted over a number of councilling sessions. 'mollie' is combined of 3 different women,

i thought the best way to do this was to join a forum as a real life person, 'pour mollies heart out' and wait for the advice,( or lack of, ) and i got everything i needed. i had to be on the defensive at times during 'mollies' posts as to get the best and most realistic replies

WAKEUP....... your part in the case study plays very well. ive wrote you as the so called friend who has no feelings, no heart and no co
    mpassion for a person going thru the problems 'mollie' has.

im positively sure if i did ever have a real life problem, a message board forum would be the LAST place id come lol, but its been very handy, helpful and informative for my uni assignment

thank you once again for participating and for the help and hope you didnt mind being part of this... even tho after reading this, a couple might get a bit pissed off thinking they were helping a real life situation.

Rheanne
    x

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by mollie08; 10-05-15 at 01:45 AM.

Ahhh... Nothing like a good back and forth to illustrate the extent of how depraved and in denial some women of low self-worth really are. Mollie is a prime example of those women.

If you're not full of shit... You best use the information about how Mollie was the author of her own misfortune because anyone as in denial as "mollie" was in your example needs guidance.... not just to sit and vent while you get paid to hear her.

BTW: Don't use "laymen" on an internet forum board to guide you in how to do your assignment (the "right" way or the "wrong" way). You'd do better to ask your question in Psychology Today or Web M.D. and get advise from a professional proficient in what ails "mollie" which of course is evident to any one with a background in psychology.

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe post here for more of a "professional" slant on what you've read here in this forum:

[url=http://forums.psychcentral.com/]Forums at Psych Central[/url]
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Sorry, I needed to get real gritty replies to 'mollie' as possible, plus the 'you need to work on yourself' advice and help.
    It's been a very interesting case study, and I've enjoyed this essay more than any previous I've had to do.
    It's given me a lot of feed back on how to actually support and council / support a person with as many personal issues as 'mollie', and how not to.

Let's hope the next case study is as interesting lol
    X

I've found it interesting as well. I'm sure that many woman who have been tempted to be as self-loathing and without personal boundaries as mollie was will think twice before they do what she did. Maybe they'll even read the link on forming good boundaries and hone theirs so that they not as naïve and without. Something those tempted would never have learned if we all just "counselled" her with nothing but poo-poo, poor you's.

It's all good... well, except for Mollie who didn't break down her wall of denial.

- - - Updated - - -

You're a troll sweetie and I can keep it up as long as you can.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Having sex with a married man before you knew he was married was a mistake and poor judgement. You couldn't have known. Continuing to cheat knowingly with a married man was selfish and unethical. But you can't unring a bell.

All you can do now is reclaim your lost self-respect by cutting ties for good with this cheating guy. Work on yourself and when your life is together, seek out a partner who is available.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12