+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls, if a guy offered you a lot of money for your shoes would you accept?

Girls, if a guy offered you a lot of money for your shoes would you accept?

So me when me and my friends go on vacation we always do challenges to embarrass each other. Think like impractical jokers, we've always had fun and never do anything bad or harmful but we've defintely gotten strange looks before. Well this year what my friends gave me was to literally buy a girls shoes off her feet, they'll give me a number of girls we see in an area and tell me those are the candidates (of course my friends will choose the most attractive I'm sure to put pressure on) they funded me $250, no joke to offer a girl for the shoes. I've done a lot of crazy things and been put in awkward situations but even though this isn't the strangest I feel like it won't work haha. If she declines and we go the whole trip without I lose and so far none have lost. So I want to know girls, if someone came up to you and offered $250 bucks for you're kicks, would you do it?

I'm currently wearing a pair of $400 boots which I love, so there's no way you'd get them for less than $600. If I was wearing flip flops, you could probably get them off me for $50. My point being that if you want to do this, your offer must be more than the shoe is worth both in replacement and emotional value.

I would not deal with you if I was alone because your proposal is too weird and I'd be wary of you.

In short, find a girl with cheap shoes who's in a group and you may have a chance.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Depends on where he asked me and how much I liked my shoes. If at a club I won't go shoe-less and barefoot on a dirty club floor all night but if at a park, I might if I only had to walk over grass and back to my car.

And for the record, this is seriously Off Topic. Suggest you post this stuff with all the other threads unrelated to love
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well my friends get to choose who I approach but we agreed boots would be a pain and pricey so we agreed a chick just wearing tennis shoes, they can be pricey but not in that range

hi, I would feel embarrassed and make a run for it.. you know you are like paying a girl for a favor.... wow.. hooker... pops up in my mind.. but now that youve explained it.. I think I would be happy to help..

Too late train Won't stop haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vw_beetle View Post
    hi, I would feel embarrassed and make a run for it.. you know you are like paying a girl for a favor.... wow.. hooker... pops up in my mind.. but now that youve explained it.. I think I would be happy to help..
    I don't understand, I'd explain right away the money was for the shoes so I don't see how that translates to paying for sex haha. But since you said you'd be willing to trade shoes for money means I win if it was you I approached so thanks haha

I'm not a woman, I'm a guy. So, I can't answer the question from that perspective. However, I will say that I would personally not do such a thing even on a dare. I think there is a pretty good chance any girl you ask this is possibly going to think you are some kind of weirdo, or have some weird fetish or something. LOL! Hey, not that there's anything wrong with having a "fetish," as long as it doesn't cross the lines of what is appropriate.

Anyway, you could happen upon a gal who thinks it is funny and/or is open, but it is just as likely you may creep the poor innocent girl out, or even worse, get into some kind of trouble with the authorities.

I know you and your group just mean it as an innocent prank, but some random gal on the outside may not necessarily take it that way when approached by a complete stranger asking to buy the shoes right off of her feet. So... perhaps your friends should be coming up with a hilarious and embarrassing prank that has a little less likelihood of getting you into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I'm not a woman, I'm a guy. So, I can't answer the question from that perspective. However, I will say that I would personally not do such a thing even on a dare. I think there is a pretty good chance any girl you ask this is possibly going to think you are some kind of weirdo, or have some weird fetish or something. LOL! Hey, not that there's anything wrong with having a "fetish," as long as it doesn't cross the lines of what is appropriate.

Anyway, you could happen upon a gal who thinks it is funny and/or is open, but it is just as likely you may creep the poor innocent girl out, or even worse, get into some kind of trouble with the authorities.

I know you and your group just mean it as an innocent prank, but some random gal on the outside may not necessarily take it that way when approached by a complete stranger asking to buy the shoes right off of her feet. So... perhaps your friends should be coming up with a hilarious and embarrassing prank that has a little less likelihood of getting you into trouble.
    We got public disturbance for doing a rehearsed airband that the crowd actually like and laughed at, we've got in some trouble but just warnings. And I think a girl thinking I'm a weirdo is the point my friends want haha. Believe me our buddies challenge is to take the smallest box of condoms and ask if they have a smaller size haha we're harmless but extreme. So I can't change it.

If a guy asked me that, the first thing that would come to my mind is "Is he buying my shoes so I can't run away from him and is the money for after something bad happens, 'proof' for the police that it was paid sex when the money was supposed to be for the shoes?" Sounds way too sketchy unless I'm with friends in a safe place.

We are going to be doing this in a kohls so yeah pretty safe place. Also you over though that quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I'm currently wearing a pair of $400 boots which I love, so there's no way you'd get them for less than $600. If I was wearing flip flops, you could probably get them off me for $50. My point being that if you want to do this, your offer must be more than the shoe is worth both in replacement and emotional value.

I would not deal with you if I was alone because your proposal is too weird and I'd be wary of you.

In short, find a girl with cheap shoes who's in a group and you may have a chance.
    Well we agreed flip flops were too cheap and easy, boots and dress shoes too high, so we agreed on higher end running shoes Nike puma etc, usually they are about 80-120 dollar range but for 200 we have a chance especially since their used, but we decided girls wearing those would be ones they picked out, and I'm sure to put the pressure on they'll choose the most attractive at that :/

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    We are going to be doing this in a kohls so yeah pretty safe place. Also you over though that quite a bit.
    I don't think you understand that women often don't feel safe and learn to be extremely cautious. This may be all fun and games for you, but if you approach a woman who's been assaulted in the past, you could well trigger her.

This isn't just about you and your mates and a dare. You're also messing with a stranger who's history you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I don't think you understand that women often don't feel safe and learn to be extremely cautious. This may be all fun and games for you, but if you approach a woman who's been assaulted in the past, you could well trigger her.

This isn't just about you and your mates and a dare. You're also messing with a stranger who's history you don't know.
    I can tell her it's part of a challenge, either way it's in public I'm not pushing it just offering the trade, if someone is so sensitive that they can't take a strange offer without losing it they don't belong in public but an institution. We've proposed to strangers and that didn't set them off. We are just offering money for something they say no and get creeped out I walk away that's the worst case

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    We got public disturbance for doing a rehearsed airband that the crowd actually like and laughed at, we've got in some trouble but just warnings. And I think a girl thinking I'm a weirdo is the point my friends want haha. Believe me our buddies challenge is to take the smallest box of condoms and ask if they have a smaller size haha we're harmless but extreme. So I can't change it.
    Fair enough. Here's the thing, though....

Maybe it is just me, but the condom prank is a bit different (and hilarious, by the way, LOL). Nobody would be creeped out, made uncomfortable, or possibly think they are the victim of some creeper with a weird fetish from that condom prank. The shoes thing, though, could very well have such potential negative results. (Note: I feel I should make it clear I am not saying there is anything wrong with that particular fetish, or any for that matter. It isn't like you can help what you do or do not like. I just don't think most people with that particular fetish would do something so brazen as asking a woman if they can buy the shoes right off her feet, and may not appreciate other people making them look like a creeper by association.)

Though I think fukushima's thought process is perhaps a bit extreme, I think it is still a good example of why I'm not so sure a prank like that is such a great idea. Frankly, maybe that is just me, though. I can't say for sure, and being a guy, I certainly wouldn't know how women would react. You had at least a few female members respond here who didn't seem to have any issue saying they'd take the offer if the shoes weren't particularly expensive or important to them, so maybe I'm over-reacting. I don't know. Still, I'd personally consider the prank a bit iffy had I been asked to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast