+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get over this?

How do I get over this?

Am going to try to make this as brief as possible:

I've been with this guy for 8 months. He first fell head over heels in love with me. He told me he loved me pretty quickly and after a few months asked me to be fully committed like he was. After having been hurt in my past, I was of course in love with him but was reluctant to give him my heart because it had been so abused in the past that I was a bit protective. Long story short, after a few months I decided to go all in and we were very happy despite a few major arguments and disagreements that almost lead to us splitting. He would always hug me and say "please, let's never break up". He would talk about proposing to me a lot. He would talk about our future almost every day. Yes, we even named our future children and he would call me "Mrs. White" (his last name). We were inseparable basically since the day we met. He said he'd never been like this with any other woman and that he had never been so in love with anyone.

Now this is where the messed up part comes in. 3 months ago he got this bar job where he was working every day until 5am. I tried to do what I could at first and be supportive, but it was horrible. We couldn't spend the night together anymore and rarely saw each other. We ended up fighting nearly every day. 2 weeks ago he broke up with me after a rather silly fight. I was mad at him because he said he was going to come home for dinner and he ended up getting really drunk and his phone died so I didn't know and he just showed up at my place at 10pm. The next day he wasn't apologetic, and I was still mad so he said he couldn't take it anymore and broke up with me. A week after that we had a proper chat about it and he said he doesn't feel the same way. We now have not spoken in over a week. I am soooooo brokenhearted and devastated and I cannot believe he dumped me and is not contacting me! I always tried to treat him like a King and I feel like it's not fair that because of this job has put so much strain on our relationship that now he is so frustrated to the point where he broke up with me and now doesn't want to speak to me? I still love him and feel the same way I always have. I'm in shock.

Sorry but u just v to move on, forget the past and face the bright future. Life is abt risk and in the game of life you win some and lose some, take that as part of those you lost. Bliv me better one is on the way...

You call arguing with him all the time "treating him like a king?" Sorry, but when you argue all the time, then anything that you do that is nice isn't going to be the least bit appreciated to someone who has self-respect and confidence and knows that they can do better then to stay with someone that they bicker with. At the 8 month mark you should both be very much in the honeymoon stage and not pushing each others buttons as a lifestyle.

Dating is to find out if who you THINK you're in love with is going to be a good partner for the long haul... He obviously discovered in 8 short months that the two of you don't have enough in common to remain together so he did the smart thing and ended it.

You'd do well to accept that fact as well and once you do, you'll start to heal and you'll more quickly get to the stage of indifference to him.

Zero contact will also help you to feel better far quicker then to keep contact going with him. Clean break time, luv. That means you don't creep his social networking sites, don't contact him at all and ignore him if he should try to contact you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion