+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice, please

Advice, please

I have been talking to a girl online for the past 9 months. I love her. We have been boyfriend and girlfriend for about the last 3 months. But just last weekend, she told me that she could not continue that relationship =(
    She says that she still cares for me, but the distance between us is too much (she lives in Georgia and I live in Indiana) I really want to meet her even though we aren't really going out anymore. What would be a good way to approach her about this?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hrmm...i have always felt that giving your feelings to someone that you never met is kinda hard. no matter how sincere they are and how much we seem to click, i believe that this isn't possible for someone that you never met. true you may have seen her picture and talked to her on the phone but they are probably very different in person, which is why you don't get to see the entire picture. however, if you would really like to meet her, are you willing to dish out the money to fly to her state and rent a hotel room and what not? what happens if she completely dogs you? true she might be nice and go out with you a few times but in reality, what would her parents think? meeting someone over the internet that is states away? i think that her parents would really flip out. i think that it's better where it is, just being friends online and nothing more. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I'm sure you're right. I am just really depressed about the whole situation Thank you for your input.

So how do I keep her as my friend? I am not very good at hiding the way that I feel about her

I suggest you guys have a meet? Since you have talk to her on phone, the next thing is meeting her in true person.

hmm...i think in this situation it's difficult for you because you still have feelings for her; however, i'm sure she's still willing to be friends with you as long as you express that to her. i think as long as you're upfront about it, the two of you can remain friends if nothing more...
    I'd rather be an optimist who's wrong instead of a pessimist who's right