+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me

Please help me

I am a 9th grader moving onto my sophomore year, and I haven't been able to get over someone who left 2 months ago. I liked this person since 6th grade, and I've never admitted to anyone, but I really really liked her. Sadly, she had no interest in me, and she somehow categorised me as creepy. We were both cellists, and we participated in 3-4 international music associations, but I was too much of a wimp to talk to her properly. She left last march and I've been really sad since then. I have trouble moving on from her. It feels like school is boring without seeing her, and I don't feel like trying for any subject. I've stopped playing the cello since she left and have no motivation to do anything. School makes me sad, because it keeps reminding me of her. I've lost a lot of my friends from acting in a sad manner, even though I try my best to be optimistic. Can someone please give me some tips, anything, to get over her?

Being infatuated with someone is like being addicted to drugs....they give you a high when you see them, fantasize about them, etc. It's a sure sign of a bad habit called obsessing. Stop focusing your time on her to make yourself feel good. Find other things that make you feel good about yourself. Stop ignoring your friends, make time to be with them to keep busy. Maybe even do things outside your comfort zone to bring excitement into your life.

Last tip: never ever put a girl upon a pedestal and worship her. That is the creepy factor,and girls hate guys who do that. They want to be treated like anyone else. Ya got to be real about it. If you like a girl, you simply ask her out on a date. If she says no, you never show your bitterness....smile and just say, ok np. Never express your feelings for a girl if you are not in a relationship.....by asking her out already tells her you have a romantic interest in her and that is enough.

What smackie9 said.