+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think her intentions are?

What do you think her intentions are?

Okay so let me just start off by saying this girl and I are both 20 years old. We have always had a thing for each other and graduated high school together, never dated, but we would flirt a lot. I went away for college (baseball) and she stayed at home and went to a local college.

Now its 2 years later, and she broke up with her boyfriend like 3-4 moths ago, and her and I began talking to each other. We are currently on a 40 day snap chat streak, and talk everyday. I just got back home on Friday, and me and her hung out. We went on a run/walk through a local park and then we went to a party together and had a good time (we did not hook up). Then Saturday comes along, and we hung out again and had a good time. Before she left we made plans to hangout again today (go workout at the gym together).

Now today is here and she is acting extremely distant/weird. Like I stated before, we usually snapchat everyday all day and today she opened my snapchat at noon and hasn't responded. I then texted her at 4 saying "im going to the gym in a couple of hours, are we still going together?" she replied back, "sorry not today, im very tired and haven't left the couch", I then replied back, "what happened to No days off? But okay I am going to be going again tomorrow" and I haven't received a response since (3hrs ago).

So here I am. Stuck and confused as to why we have been so actively communicating over the past month, hanging out, having a good time (or atleast appearing to), to getting what seems as a cold shoulder. Now, I am mature enough to realize that talking all day everyday is annoying, but I feel like its sort of ironic after we have been hanging out. Maybe she doesn't think I met up to her standards, boring, or whatever I have no clue.

But now that you know they background information, would it be a turn off to you (a female), if I asked her straight up if she sees us as being more than friends. Or reword it somehow. Or just go with the flow. I do not know. I am so confused. I could be over thinking everything.

Thanks, opinions would be greatful!

(Side notes: She is very beautiful and talks to/gets attention from a lot of guys (she's single she can do what she wishes, we aren't bf gf or anything), the reason for the date of going to the gym is because she is in love with working out)

Just to be clear on the problem.....we're talking about her being too tired to go to the gym and to bother with social media. This has so far gone on for one day?

It's far too early to worry. We all have bad days now and then and it's OK to stay home or take time out. If it lasts, you've got a problem - but if it's just a day, then give her a bit of space so she can have her downtime.

In answer to your question - I would have no objection to a guy asking me how I see the relationship. However, I would suggest you DON'T say it while she's tired. Wait till she's recharged her batteries.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Just to be clear on the problem.....we're talking about her being too tired to go to the gym and to bother with social media. This has so far gone on for one day?

It's far too early to worry. We all have bad days now and then and it's OK to stay home or take time out. If it lasts, you've got a problem - but if it's just a day, then give her a bit of space so she can have her downtime.

In answer to your question - I would have no objection to a guy asking me how I see the relationship. However, I would suggest you DON'T say it while she's tired. Wait till she's recharged her batteries.
    Today I am going to wait and see if she contacts me. If she does not should I contact her? Also if I do contact her and she does not respond, should I just move on or ask her why she has been so distant lately?