+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this guy at the gym into me? Is he playing games or flirting?

Is this guy at the gym into me? Is he playing games or flirting?

I've got this enormous crush on a guy at my gym. Since day one we've been meeting eyes. It's only been about a a week and a half since I changed me schedule & noticed him. We are both like 20. I am an attractive women and no, I don't show skin at the gym. Idk why, but this guy has me going mad. It's so weird but I think about a guy (who I have never spoken to before) 24/7.

On Tuesday I was on a treadmill &he was walking around doing weights like he always does. That's when we usually lock eyes in the mirrors. I then moved to the bike, & a few minutes later he went on this elliptical ive never seen him use before. It was the one after the one next to mine & we were facing the same way. I left 10 mins later bc I was so nervous... But I kept stealing looks at him, and our eyes met a few times.

Today he went on that machine over by mine again. We didn't make much eye contact but I was looking away most of the time. Then he got off his machine to go, & a few moments later I did the same to see if at the front he would talk to me. I walked up to him, grabbed stuff in my cubby and walked past him & I don't remember, but I may have muttered a friendly excuse me. I got in my car as he got out, I left the lot before him and as I was approaching the stop light right by our gym out of no where he turned off behind me, zoomed out by my right on his motor bike, passed/ cut sharply/weaved in front of me in the same lane...hardly squeezing between me and the curb. I had to brake a bit. There were no cars coming, the light was green, he didn't pass the next car, and I wasn't going slow. What the heck? Did I mess up by not saying hello? I'm so shy and I don't know how to talk to guys at first. I will see him again but I don't know what to do.

He could be, same way you are into him -- so who is going to make the first move and talk to the other? Why can't it be you?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

He is 20 years old and probably shy or out to lunch. Flirt with him, all it takes is a smile. You could try talking to him. There is nothing wrong with that.
    http://www.asmr.fm

You simply need to use normal social skills. Choose any or all of the below:

1. Smile at him when you lock eyes.
    2. When you walk in, catch his eye and say Hi
    3. Go up to him and say "Hi, I've seen you here a few times. My name is X"

Edited to add: his driving in the car park was obnoxious. Doesn't say much for his personality. Decent guys are courteous.

Save my advice for a guy who's worth talking to.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 14-06-15 at 12:01 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.