+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Once In A Lifetime

Once In A Lifetime

From my daughter Lilly,

Lilly is a keen horse rider who regularly goes to 'own a pony' days. This time there was this boy called Alex. Lilly can be very shy but this time she was happily chatting away and helping him out tack up the horse etc. He also asked for her help when grooming the horse. Alex was very friendly to Lilly and I am starting to wonder whether was flirting. Usually, she will chat the whole time back from the horses but that day, afterwards, she was very quiet. It is likely she will never see him again, as he doesn't ride at her stables regularly and he definitely is not in her riding class. Also they did not swap emails or phone numbers or any contact. Lilly also does not want to talk to any friends about this and usually doesn't like boys. Tips on what to do for a 12 (almost 13) year old girl?

She is only 12, she will sort out these new feelings on her own. Just let her know that she can come to you anytime to express her thoughts.

i would say it is quite important even if she's 12 ,foundation always has an effect in the future ,parents usually do ignore those signs since children at that age are going through changes both mentally and physically.
    A good thing to do now is to gain her trust ,you can open up the topic casually infront of her and ask about the guy for starters and where has he gone to ,she'll eventually let it out if she feels relaxed talking about it.(not many girls do tho ,they go for the mother most of the times.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeeling View Post
    she'll eventually let it out if she feels relaxed talking about it.(not many girls do tho ,they go for the mother most of the times.)
    The OP is Lilly's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The OP is Lilly's mother.
    For somereason i thought it was the opposite,thanks for the clarification😉

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeeling View Post
    For somereason i thought it was the opposite,thanks for the clarification😉
    NP......I get it, a parent doesn't post threads on this type of forum, about this type of topic. I've been doing this for about 15 years and this is a first for me. I find it endearing tho, I hope the OP does a good job guiding her daughter that is has now become a young lady.