+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why will a girl not say no to a lunch/dinner invitation when she can't make it?

Why will a girl not say no to a lunch/dinner invitation when she can't make it?

I asked this girl for lunch/dinner a couple for times during the weekend. She never said no when she could not make it; instead she just didn't respond. In general, she is not the kind who would check phone a lot.

What are the reasons why she didn't say no when she could not make it?

That''s called flaking! That's how women say things...don't be mad at her! So my best advice is: stop being Needy by keeping on asking her out! It's better to have attractive character & lifestyle...when she's attracted to you, she'll say yes for sure!

I'm a Dating coach, send me message if you want to know more...

Is this the same girl who won't give you a chance? If so, then perhaps she's already given you a general refusal for dates and doesn't feel the need to continue saying "no" if you keep chasing. Does she respond to your other messages?

In short, we'd need more info on the history between the two of you to comment further.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

When it comes down to it, who cares why? I mean, I understand your confusion and frustration, but I think that tells you everything you need to know. If she won't just tell you yes or no, then stop bothering to try. She sounds like a flake, and you don't need flakes in your life unless they are in your cereal. Forget her and find somebody who actually will be excited to hang out with you.

On to the next girl she might not be into you as much as you thought. Wonder why people text more than call these days? I'd rather a phone call and speak to me directly then a text invite.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

She's probably playing hard to get

Screw it, if someone ignores your requests, they don't really see you as a serious option. I mean she MAY not have checked her phone all weekend, but it isn't likely. I know if I was interested in someone and they texted me to go out for a date I'd be all over it.

Don't make excuses for other people, if the fruit tastes rotten, it probably is.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Well put, Cerby. Especially the rotten fruit thing. That was awesome.

Hell, let's even play Devil's advocate here. Let's pretend she IS interested, but literally just did not get a chance to text/call/e-mail you back. ....Does that really sound like somebody you want to waste your time on anyway? Now, granted, if there turns out to be some legitimate excuse why she literally couldn't answer you all weekend, that would be different. But, it takes a matter of seconds to say "I'm sorry, I'm already occupied this weekend, but let's make other plans." It takes even less time to say "Buzz off, not interested." I'd respect her more for being needlessly cruel and dismissive of you than to just ignore you completely. So, as far as I am concerned, all signs point to forget this girl and move on.