+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I stopped sending good morning/goodnight texts

I stopped sending good morning/goodnight texts

For the past month and a half I've been sending this girl I'm seeing good morning/goodnight texts every day. I initiate every time. I got a little annoyed at her (though nothing big) and stopped sending her good morning/night texts for three days. Do you see any problem in me doing this or do you think she got worried I stopped doing this morning/night ritual? Thanks

I see the problem in starting out in a way that you don't plan to continue. It's like wooing a girl with flowers and then stopping after you've caught her.

If you're not wanting to do a thing forever, then don't start out doing it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If it worried her you'd of heard about it, couldn't you just tell her to send you things first for a change isn't of being withholding on her?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Once you start little routines like that, it's hard to break. Talk to her and tell her you'd like her to do some of the initiating too. If you don't express it to her, you won't know. My boyfriend and I have been doing it a long time and he recently stopped after an argument we had, so now I'm assuming it's something that's no longer part of the relationship. If it's something that's going to change, both parties should agree it no longer serves a purpose or that both parties will do it equally.

Why don't you continue sending her texts every second or third day and see if she initiates on the days you don't text her? They don't have to be good morning or good night texts.