+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Work crush

Work crush

Hi,

I've had a crush on a work colleague for the last few weeks, we seem to get along quite well in the office and flirt every now and again. Even some of my other colleagues have asked me on a number of occasions if there's something going on between us. Anyway, I finally gathered some courage and told her after work that I've recently started to like her, she seemed shocked but smiled a little, but didn't say anything, I didnt want to pressure her. So I said "you don't have to say anything to that, I just wanted to get it of my chest, have a good weekend"

As I sat in my car I could see her glancing across at me. We also have a very similar route home, about 14 miles before she turns of the highway/dual carriage way. As she turned of on her exit and I passed her she looked at me again so I smiled at her.

How should I deal with this when we see each other on Monday?, I mean, it's probably going to be awkward, should I pull her aside and talk to her about it. Keep some distance?

What should I say to her if I did pull her aside?

Thanks in advance

I suppose you should act normal really , assuming you do want to give her space and such ,she's probably thinking the same eitherway so , act normal ^~^

She might not want to carry on a workplace romance for fear of gossip or loss of her job, so keep that in mind.

You shouldn't pull her aside. Just act normal and maybe text her or ask her out for coffee. Take it slow. From what you've said, it sounds like she's interested in you too. So there's no need to rush. You don't want to seem desperate.

....So, wait. Did she literally say nothing? Nothing at all? She just stared at you and smiled? If that is the case, then I'd find that a little weird. If by "nothing" you really just meant she didn't really comment in any concrete way, then that is a bit different. What exactly did she say? That may lend some clues. Also, you caught her looking at you a few times, did you get a sense of how her expression looked? When you smiled at her from your car, did she smile back?

I would agree with the others. Don't act any different. At least not yet. For now, just try to go about things as though they are normal. If she acts weird and uncomfortable, then maybe she is not interested, but is unsure how to say that without hurt feelings. If she acts like things are perfectly normal, that could be a good sign, or could just mean she's not interested, but wasn't made to feel uncomfortable by the fact that you were.

As best you can, just kind of gauge how she reacts going forward. If she doesn't seem uncomfortable around you, but she doesn't mention it or anything, then maybe you follow-up and actually ask her out. Either way, just be prepared that it may turn out she is not interested. Heck, in all honesty, if she is not interested, it could just be because you are work friends. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable and/or ill-advised to date a co-worker.

Either way, good luck to you.

I agree with what dollhouse said, dating someone from your workplace can be horrible after you break.
    Good jobs are hard to come by, and most would pick paying bills and being housed over dating.