+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What gets on your nerves?

Answering emails. I HATE doing that. Why when you tell people don't email call me they then send an extra email it has to be done on purpose, do they secretly hate me?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Funny you say that. You'd have to maybe clarify the context you mean. (Or do you just mean in general?) Because I'm actually kind of the opposite. I HATE talking on the phone. I mean HATE it. At least for personal reasons. For work it is different. Obviously I will talk on the phone as needed. Though, truthfully even then I would prefer an e-mail in most cases. Because that allows me to read it on my own time and gives me some time to think about the topic and think about my response. A phone call requires you to drop everything you are doing to talk to the person immediately, and you don't have time to think about what you want to say.

So, funny enough, I am sort of the opposite on this. Other than the fact that there are some times where a phone call is just needed or even better if something is too complicated to explain via an e-mail. Plus, if somebody asks me to call I'd call. So, I definitely get your frustration with somebody you specifically asked to call rather than e-mail, and then they just e-mail anyway.

One thing that annoys me is fanboys on video games forums. Especially anything to do with Resident Evil. Even if you don't play those games, you can take it from me when I say that those people love practically anything Capcom makes and if you say otherwise, you're not supposed to protest on how you feel concerning the state of the franchise, or talk out about it.

Having to deal with lots of personal issues and financial issues on a day off. Been on the phone from my morning on almost.

46 pages of Chinese spam in the "Broken" topic discussion. Honestly, I see this site as falling apart. I can imagine that happening in every subforum at some point.

How is this happening? I thought you had to fill in a word game when one registers. That is usually to prevent these spam-bots flooding the forums.

[MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION] I sent the poster a message to F OFF and stop spamming and then sent a report to the loveadmin on it, which was 5 days ago. The woman who has her thread in Broken sent a report before I sent mine and I read her thread and breathe123 sent the loveadmin a private message with posters profile to ban and NOTHING!
    [MENTION=86326]My Coffee Cup[/MENTION] Same here. I thought that was why we had to answer that question. The woman in Broken hearts thinks it is done on purpose to hide her thread about some guy who scams woman. Seems odd only that section is being hit. I recall your harrasser Gimpy said he caused the Chinese spam in Off topics that time.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not a bot since when do bots look at someone's profile. That spammer looked at that Gale woman's profile. Check for yourself and they actually wrote something on the stickied thread in Broken hearts.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Yeah. He had been quite active on Wikia a while ago. It's a site similar to Wikipedia. He made a bunch of fake articles on the Acting Wiki, closed an account and just made another one where he edited the same pages. He even made a profile called "MrsLimpy" and changed it to "AGREAM" without realizing that the name change was already logged. But I doubt he'll try anything there now as anonymous editing has been turned off and there's an administrator there now too. He also tries to spam on forums that I go on, because most of them are dead these days. Hardly anyone posts on them.

The person in charge of the Acting Wiki has really changed the rules around a bit, because I used to be able to add anything, like any unknown web-series. Now some of what I added has gotten removed, because there's a policy about things you submit having to have been shown at festivals and I got told that what was on my IMDb demo reel did not count. All is not lost, because there's other wikis I can post stuff on, but I advise having a back-up draft prepared just in case you want to start contributing.

It's still a good site, but now I have to be selective about what is added. It was only a matter of time before someone offered to take authority on the site and I'm glad in a way that it happened, although there's still pros and cons to having someone else calling the shots. I've seen potential in the site. I'm sick of the real Wikipedia, to be honest. They're too cutthroat and they seem to revert people's 'good faith' edits just for the hell of it. It's also hard to find proxy servers that work on there, even with a paid subscription to a VPN. So it's a lot of hassle if you get your IP address blocked. Now I always use private browsing on forums, but it's a miss and a hit if you can edit on Wikipedia. It's amazing what people can find out about you just from looking up an IP address, but they seem to block just about every open proxy they can find.

I'm not sure, but I think Gimpy is this James Slayer guy on YouTube. This guy thanked me for mentioning New Zealand in a video, and badmouthed me on other people's parody videos, but his channel does not have any content. I'd been defending a similar YouTube user called Nemesis, but he turned on me because I said things about America that I shouldn't have, when I originally stuck up for him getting harassed. But anyway, this guy had an avatar with his face, but switched it to a shark right after I accused him of being Gimpy, and he has nothing on his page that gives himself away. Not even a link to a Google Plus profile. For all you know, that could be anybody.

You have to be careful with YouTube because it's possible for people to subscribe to your channel, but hide their subscriptions. So they can still get email notifications when you upload new videos, even if you block them. Most of the time they'll just use the account to stalk you and not actually post anything. Google is not a good site to log into if you want to look at certain websites. They basically track your searches and stuff. They seem to ignore DMCA reports as well, because they think every cry baby out there abuses these removal notices, when people have a right to get offensive attack videos deleted. Don't people have a 'right to vanish' online?

That that rapist poster not only wasn't banned after I reported him ...he is back posting useless tripe on here.

I know. It is sad to see the Internet as we know it fade away each year.

I joined this forum in 2012 with my original account. I have joined a lot of forums since 2003 and they all suck now. Most of the forums I like are no longer around, but in general, they have all went downhill. It is either a case of trolls destroying the peace, website owners no longer giving a damn what happens, or there is nobody hardly ever posting. Or if they do post, they never display any real logic. This is why forums are almost dead now.

This will probably be my last year on forums. I have gotten tired of the video game ones especially, because if you say anything honest, they just post nonsense. Sometimes, I spend a good 10 or 15 minutes thinking of stuff to say and after I post it, nobody cares. It used to be when you did post anything, people just agreed to disagree, or they at least tried to see where you are coming from. But now, that either rarely or never happens. So it is a waste of time to reply and speak from the heart. Just like it was a waste of time knowing those support workers and a whole bunch of other people, like my ex.

People with no manners. What has happened to simple manners? Please, thank you, excuse me. Holding the door open, offering your seat to someone more needy. Eye contact...don't talk to me with your sunglasses on inside. Checking out in line while talking on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    People with no manners. What has happened to simple manners? Please, thank you, excuse me. Holding the door open, offering your seat to someone more needy. Eye contact...don't talk to me with your sunglasses on inside. Checking out in line while talking on your phone.
    Oh my gosh, tell me about it! I don't know why, but I've always just had good manners basically in my bones. Please, thank you, all that. In my case, even to a ridiculous level. LOL! If I am 100% completely alone, not a living creature anywhere nearby... and I burp... and that burp was so quiet nobody would have heard it even if they WERE around... I STILL say excuse me. LOL! I literally don't feel right NOT saying it even though nobody is around.

When my cat sneezes I say "God bless you."

But, yeah, basic manners seem to be a dying art. I always hold the door for people. Sometimes as in I literally hold the door and let them go first, but at the very least I at least hold it behind me for the next person. These days, more often than not, they don't say thank you. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I care that much. Big whoop, really... but it is just a shame how manners seem to be a dying art.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112