+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What gets on your nerves?

Someone mentioned being annoyed by the term "rescue dog"... I am constantly annoyed by people who are adamant that everyone should adopt a pet, instead of get them from a breeder... but it's like, until the day I birth a cat or dog from my womb, I AM adopting a pet, regardless of where I get it from. Pet people are always insane. I'm not talking about people who have pets in general, but people who go overboard about how knowledgeable they think they are about it. *eye roll emoji*
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Forum keeps dropping and throwing me off it ~ getting tired of it. Don't see anyone else on here now so that might be why.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I've been hearing about a lot of groups intending to boycott the LGBTQ Pride event in Vancouver this Sunday because they think it is disrespectful to the Black Lives Matter movement. It's frustrating to see minority groups fighting with each other, when they are already fighting against majority, non-marginalized groups for equality. Both movements are equally important in my mind, and everyone should be standing together to inspire change and progress for equality.

My BF and I are going to Pride together this Sunday and we are both excited! I've gone to the Pride event every year for the past four years, and this will be the first time I've gone with a boyfriend.
    Last edited by melancholia; 30-07-16 at 08:12 AM.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I'll tell you what gets on my nerves. Spam accounts who reply to a TON of threads with the same Spam crap on every single message having nothing to do with anything, adding nothing to the conversation, and just annoying everybody.

Seconded. They haven't returned though, so they must have just been making the internet rounds and this website got its quota off them.

Having to get up out of my sleep to wash sheets because my cat decided to have a puke in my bed :[ I need extra sheet sets so I don't have to do laundry and sit & wait until it washes & dries.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Peoples dogs who bark all night long and the owners do nothing about it.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

A runny nose for no reason ~ haven't sneezed, don't have a cold but it keeps running on me.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I would agree with that, Peter. I no longer use Facebook, but that was one of the things that made me hate people. I tend to be behind on my shows. I DVR them and watch them later. On Facebook, people will literally IMMEDIATELY post huge spoilers with no warning whatsoever. When I used to use Facebook, I didn't go there thinking "Hey, I'm going to discuss The Walking Dead with the entire God damn world." The thought didn't even occur to me that I'd need to avoid Facebook until I saw the episode, but without fail somebody would always spoil it.

Believe me, I get that people are excited to discuss it, but at least have the common courtesy to put some kind of spoiler warning first. At least that way if I HAVE seen it, I can read on and discuss with you. If I haven't seen it, I'm not slapped in the face with your spoiler before I even get the chance to realize what it is.

I don't play video games as often as I'd like, so I never did get into the Resident Evil stuff. I keep meaning to pick up as much of it as I can for the PS4, though.

I think any franchise runs the risk of getting old after a while. They start to run out of ideas. As much as I hate to say it... sometimes it is better to stop at some point. Heck, even if it is just to take a break from the franchise until they are ready with an actual good game, not just another game to cash in on the name. ....But, as long as they keep making money, they'll just keep churning them out.

I like Fear the Walking Dead OKAY.... but I fully agree with you. A) It really feels completely unnecessary and B) it honestly just feels like The Walking Dead 2. They had a unique opportunity to try something different with the idea..... but it really has just felt like a carbon copy of The Walking Dead, only not as good. I mean, it has even been in different settings that have never been explored in the original (like a beach setting), but even that doesn't add much. It still just feels like more of the same.

I like it, but I don't feel like it was needed.

Not only that, but the whole season opener this time actually stuck somewhat well with how things went in the comics. I mean, obviously not exactly panel for panel. The show never has followed the comics exactly. But, some big things that happened on that episode are exactly what happened in the comics.

Personally, I loved the season opener. It was very visceral, yes, but it felt appropriate for the show. I HATE Neegan.... but hate him in the way we are SUPPOSED to hate him. I both hate and love the character. I do definitely want to see him meet a painful and brutal end, but he's made the show interesting. Plus, the actor has a special place in my heart because he was Sam and Dean's father. (Supernatural, for those who don't know.)

Colds. I got myself one today
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Did you keep the receipt, lovebroken? Maybe you can return it.

I wish. Still have it. Back and rib cages hurt from coughing, sneezing, blowing nose and throwing up.

I hate being sick and have a family b-day party in few days and don't think I'll be better.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast