+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What gets on your nerves?

Golly! Sounds like you are having a rather swell time. So sorry to hear you are going through that, lovebroken. Wish I could share my freakish, Wolverine level immune system with you. I almost never get sick, and when I do it is usually pretty short-lived. Knock wood that remains the case. I'm sure the older I get to less it will continue to work that way.

Posting on here and writing anything that takes more than 5 minutes to type because the forum logs me out and also the character limits in PM's. JHC

Oh my golly! Agreed with you 1,000% on both of those, topaz! Jeez! It is so damn frustrating that I SWEAR I've been typing like 5 or MAYBE 10 minutes when I got to post and suddenly I've been logged out. I guess I understand having an "idle" time limit, but does it have to be SO ridiculously exaggeratedly short?

And, yeah, don't even get me started on the damn character limits for PMs. ARGH!

IG gets on my nerves and the people who are D list celebs from other countries constantly adding strangers from far away countries from then onto their IG only to pad their IG page with followers because people usually will add a follower back if a real account and not a fake zero pictures account or set to private. Myself and another two female friends can a comedian from Canada and an actor from the USA add us both and once added un-followed us both, so we both went and un-followed them each. They followed us first, we never would have added either otherwise so why keep people like this around when they are only padding a social account. I feel like I want to remove my IG, people annoy me.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I hear you on that, lovebroken. I have a general rule of thumb for myself on Instagram. Even if somebody starts following me, I don't automatically follow them in return unless I feel their account looks like one I'd have wanted to follow anyway. By that token, even if they follow me, I follow them back, and then they unfollow me (because they were just trying to pad their follower numbers) I don't really care because I deemed them to be an account I liked enough to follow anyway.

Sometimes the accounts that "follow" you are so obviously spam BS, and those I never follow. Sometimes, like you said though, it is just a celebrity or business account of some kind and they're just trying to get more followers of their own. Instagram is like anything else on the Internet. It's a great idea, but if they can, people will find a way to ruin it.

Im always logged in so I can write without problems for how long I want. Just saves those seconds everytime to log in. Those are minutes per year. Also have two accounts lol. When need to make extra impact on some topic.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

When I read the comments thread of any article posted on social media.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Yeah, Instagram is mainly photos, though you can also post videos. You also CAN sort of have conversations in the comments on other people's posts or yours, but most people don't really have an ongoing discussion of any kind. They just post one comment and that is it.

I gave up ALL social media about a year or so ago for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons, though, was I get sick of things like the people on Facebook who will air all their dirty laundry, post like a million times a day, b*tch and moan and whine constantly about how "nobody" ever bothers to comment on their stuff..... and yet those same people NEVER comment on mine/anybody else's. Social media is supposed to make you feel more connected with friends, loved ones, and like minded fans of various things. Honestly, it just made me feel MORE alone.

So, I gave up all social media for a while. But, then I discovered Instagram and found I kind of enjoyed that now for its more detached experience. You like people's stuff, they like yours, occasionally they comment or you comment, but beyond that there is less BS drama. At least from my experience. I have almost nobody I actually know in real life following me, and I like it that way. As far as I'm concerned, they annoyed me some much on Facebook and cared so little about me that it is a large part of why I left it.... so I don't want them back on my Instagram.

The weather

Truth is most peple on FB dont love you. Maybe like 1% of your friends does. But really 99% dont care what you post.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Truth is most peple on FB dont love you. Maybe like 1% of your friends does. But really 99% dont care what you post.
    Tell me about it. Not to mention, the funny thing I found from my experience on Facebook.... the people I'd met directly from Facebook (shared fandoms and stuff like that) interacted with me more than the people who were supposedly my actual real life friends. Part of why I don't bother to keep many of those "real life friends" as active friends anymore. If somebody can't be bothered to ever give a damn about me (even when they are the ones constantly b*tching and moaning about how nobody cares about them) then I have no place in my life for them.

Finding a hair in my food when eating in a restaurant. So disgusting.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I've actually thankfully almost never had that happen. I would agree, though, that can be pretty gross. I'm glad I've not had it happen much. Now, human fingers, that's a different story..... but then, I order that as a topping, so I guess in that case I am getting what I ordered.

(P.S. Hopefully goes without saying that I am kidding. LOL!)

The same people creating the same kinds of fake false accounts on here for god knows what purpose, out of boredom, to fill up the forum make it look busy ~ is old & boring to me & must be to others too.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

In which sections, breathe123? I did notice a lot of the threads by new posters are about the same things basically or pre written stories if you will.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast