+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What gets on your nerves?

I will also add another caveat to my behavior. I only sit on the outside if there are a boatload of other wide open seats. I will always sit on the inside if seats are limited.
    As to why I do this. I just like to stretch my legs and that there are plenty of other seats. I do believe people rather sit by themselves and rather not move unless being asked.

Yeah, I think the vast majority of us would much rather sit by ourselves than to have to sit with a complete stranger. But, that is just a chance you take on public transportation. Again though, that complaint is more directed at the people who are not as courteous as you. I still don't necessarily understand it, but your actions wouldn't really bother me in the slightest considering your explanation. It's just been my observation that most people aren't that considerate on public transportation.

Yeah I don't know hot to explain it. I actually like conversing with strangers. In countries where sitting with strangers at the same table while dinning in a restaurant is normal, I always seek out people to sit next to.
    But on a train or bus with plenty of open seats, I just gravitate to the outside. I will say I travel by plane much more often than by bus or train. And I just prefer the isle seat. But on the next ride in public transport, I will sit by the window if I have a choice.

One thing that gets on my nerves is when producers mess up a TV show, then boast on Twitter that the show isn't gonna go anywhere (like the fans don't even matter).

Speaking of TV... one that has always annoyed me...

When a TV show does a special "Two hour episode" one day.... but in reality it is actually just two episodes they play back to back. I HATE that for several reasons. One, just call it what it is. Say we are getting two episodes today instead of one. Don't call it a two hour episode. Two.... then my DVR picks it up as one episode instead of two. I hate that because I was intending to just watch an hour long show and suddenly realize it is two. So then I have to decide, do I watch the whole thing or do I watch half and save it for later? If I watch the whole thing I'm stuck wasting an hour longer than I intended. If I save the second half for later then it is still taking up space on my DVR (which, for me, can be a problem).

Such a first world problem, I know. LOL! But it is one of my pet peeves. Can't they just call it two episodes so my DVR will actually pick it up as two episodes?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCK this lock on here. I got some new books for new years and wanted to add into megvoh's book thread and it is now locked.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Maybe you could start a new thread. I feel leaving this forum without moderators though, is silly. It's like leaving cracks in a dam wall (sooner or later, that will break).

In addition to the Foreign Affair, Loveme, and psychic ad spam, we get peter legion of spammers back.....

I've never been on a plane, but I read something about a guy boarding a plane. A nearby passenger was watching 9/11 footage, so the guy sitting close to him freaked out when he saw this. That'd put me off planes for life.

Could not find anywhere to post my article

I really wish the admin could appoint more moderators so there could be more people to help. I am on here pretty frequently and would be happy to help if given the opportunity.

This stupid troll keeps creating new accounts to try to get me banned and he is pretending to be me on his alts such as My Coffee Cup, Grumpy, Stimpy, and other stupid, similar-sounding names like that. This is really getting on my nerves. I've had to make a new account just to start fresh because of this idiot.

Dude, you're getting reported to your ISP again and the authorities in New Zealand. It's not a matter of if - it is when. 222.155.56.18 is related to your ISP, known as Spark!

My Coffee Cup is Gimpy again. Just ignore him.

Icy wintery roads.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast