+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm scared to move on and lose someone I care about

I'm scared to move on and lose someone I care about

I'm graduating high school in a week and I like my friend. I have already told her that I like her but she doesn't feel the same way so she wants to stay friends but I'm scared that when we go off to college she won't remember me anymore or think or talk to me anymore. Our colleges are not close together either, her college is 5 hours away. I'm scared of losing this friendship. Don't tell me that you should just move on because I really like her even if we can only be just friends. I only have 3 months after graduation left to spend with her before she leaves. I don't know what to do or how to keep in contact, don't say Facebook because that will not work at all. I have her phone number but she's busy most of the time partying but when I do get her attention she makes time for the conversation but since it's college i don't know if it will be different this time.
    Last edited by ItHurts; 11-06-15 at 06:59 PM.

Let me tell you the fact that whatever you are afraid of is not false.This happens, some time due to workload some time due to change of mood people forget others when they are separated.Seeking admission in the same college may be a way to procced relation but i don't think if the person is not interested you should try.That will even result into much worse situation, I have experience of this.Things don't work out according to your will you just go into trap instead, leave on and live life.
    http://sqrt.in

sorry mate, you can't force a friendship.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Even through distance real friends don't lose their friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    sorry mate, you can't force a friendship.
    She said she wants to be friends and I want to too but since she's going away for college I'm scared that she might forget me or move on.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just that I've only gotten to know her for a few months and it feels unfair that time moves by too fast.

If she likes you and enjoys having you as a friend like you do she can never forget you but if you are afraid she might forget you I think its best to use social networks or any form of fast communication just to stay in touch but then again you can not force someone to want to spend time with you or be friends with you.
    Get your lost lover back instantly.