+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Remembering a name

Remembering a name

Hi,

I have met a girl online and our relationship became very strong and deep instantaneously, we connected in all levels, we talk for hours on the phone, sometimes we spend more time on the phone talking to each other than sleep. Each time we talk there is a desire to talk even more, and the feeling is mutual.

Now here is the dilemma, I called her by the wrong name, Sara, she got mad. I explained to her that I simply related a comment with something Sara used to do, Sara was an old friend of my, which I haven’t spoken with for more than 6 months. So, this girl I am interested in forgave me; a day went by and she even made few jokes about Sara. At the end of the day when I was saying good-bye, I called her Sara again. She is really mad now. Here is the problem, why am I calling this new girl, “Sara”, when I am not even thinking about Sara? Sara was nothing but an acquainted, I was not attracted to her, and Sara has completely the opposite personality of this new girl, which I adore. Why is my mind doing this connotation?

I am freaking out. She is really mad with me and I don’t have any possible explanation to give.

I mix up names all the time. So much so that it's become a bit of a joke. It was particularly memorable when I was new with new bf (now hubby) but called him by my ex's name a few times. Unlike your love interest, my bf just laughed it off. I can't tell you why it happens - it just does.

The inability of your new girl to laugh it off makes me think that she's either really insecure, takes herself far too seriously or lacks a sense of humour. Or a bit of everything. Yeah, it's a tricky mistake to make....but it's also showing up the new girl in a not so flattering way.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hi,
    Our relationship is still fresh and I do believe her concerns are legitimate. However, I am just perplexed how I got stuck with a name that doesn't mean much in my mind and keep using it when there is alot at stake

All I can say is that you're not the only one. And there may well be no meaning behind it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.