+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends brother ..what was he thinking ..help ?

Friends brother ..what was he thinking ..help ?

I've been in contact with my friends brother for years .
    He has a girlfriend who he split from and got back with her when he found out she was pregnant .
    It's been going on for years he will text and tell me how much he likes me and wishes things were not complicated ,he says he would be so jealous if I had a boyfriend .
    He text me wishing me happy valentines day .
    He's been on and off with he's girlfriend for 4 years but he still lives at home ,he's baby is due in a week and he hasn't moved in with her yet ..he says when the baby arrives he will move but will keep he's room at home for weekends .
    He just won't leave me alone ,he's asks he's sister ( my friend ) how I am blah blah ..tells her I deserve a good boyfriend .
    It's going to kill me when the baby is born because Before she told him she was pregnant we were getting close ..saying to me I've thought what we would be like as a couple blah blah ...what stopped him then ? She told him she forgot to take her pill and that's how she got pregnant ..who knows ,what was he's game with me ?

I have to ask "what was your game with him?" You knew he had a girlfriend yet you allowed him to act inappropriately with you then and even now that she is pregnant and he has chosen to be with her (in a rather dysfunctional "together" but none the less, still together with HER).

You would do well to stop all contact with him so that you can get over the addiction to having his attention, but never having him.

You're over-stepping boundaries with this bullshit little "game" you keep perpetuating by allowing him to disrespect both you and the mother of his child.

Move on and stop the nonsense. You'll never find your own boyfriend while you entertain his fluff.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion