+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing Break Up!!!!!

Confusing Break Up!!!!!

After weeks of uneasiness and arguments, my boyfriend, who was living with me for over a year, finally broke up with me and moved out. I really love him and wanted to work it out but he said he's "scared of me" and that we can't trust each other.

The odd thing is, he recently started hanging out with this girl he's known as a casual friend for 7 years...I told my bf's sister that something isn't right - that ever since this girl came into the picture, he's been acting distant and cold towards me and I feel like there's something going on between them.

Obviously, his sister told him what I said.
    He came over and told me, I "made him look like an a** in front of his family".

Why would he say that if nothing is going on??? His sister maintained that my bf and this girl didn't like each other like that, but the two of them DID hang out with a mutual friend a few times without me while things were rough.
    Did he dump me so he could be with this girl he's been talking to? It's a HUGE coincidence - and if he brings this girl around his family, won't they realize I was right for "making assumptions" since she's now in the main picture???

He also said "maybe somewhere down the line" we can try it again??? After living together, "somewhere down the line" sounds petty.
    What should I think of all this???

Well he is being douchie for making you the bad guy here. So what if his family knows what he did....it's his life, they will still love him and mind their own business.....TBH it doesn't affect them in the least.

Sorry you got the sh ity end of the breakup. I know you are confused and upset but he writing was already on the wall, your relationship was on an uneven keel, and he decided to jump ship to explore another option. Remember living together doesn't mean he is obligated to stay with you, nor does it mean he is madly in love with you....sometimes relationship just run their course and they are unsure how to deal with it.

BTW if a girl comes along and he is acting weird, that means he was already not excited about your relationship. It's possible his feelings have fallen flat for you long before this girl came around. I know, from experience your feelings don't change over night. Seeing this girl just confirmed to him he no longer felt the same as he did and it's time he stop dragging this on. In a way there is something positive about this...it was only a year, and now you know it wasn't meant to be.

His suggesting he might come around later is to just pacify you, to stop some of the hurt. I suggest you just stay away from him. I think he has done enough damage for one day.