+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Keeping Someone On Facebook 100% After You Dump Them??

Keeping Someone On Facebook 100% After You Dump Them??

As my previous posts noted, my boyfriend (or ex) just broke up with me after being with me over a year. He was acting odd for the past month and he finally said he "can't do this right now" - whatever that means. Things were tense between us and we fought to no avail. There's something going on - possibly with another woman - that he's not telling me and he said "somewhere down the road," maybe we can work things out, which I don't know what to think of that.

He still has weights and clothes at my apartment even though he moved half his stuff out and gave me keys back to the apartment.

Oddly, since he ended it last Thursday, he hasn't changed his Facebook profile pic of us. He hasn't deleted our photos and his friend and sister hasn't removed me either - I would think when you break up with someone, you chop them off on social media too??? And if he dumped me, why not tell his sister and best friend to delete me too??? I know social networking isn't that big of a deal, but he told me with his ex, he deleted her the next day after he ended it.
    I don't plan to delete him, as I'm still madly in love with him and can't bear to delete him and block him from my life. What should I do? I haven't called or text him and I am curious where things are going to go after he gave up on us in only a few weeks.

Maybe he told you he deleted the ex the next day because you asked him. Bit of a corner to be put in. Didn't want to hurt your feelings. And perhaps he hasn't deleted you because going online every day to update his social media status is not a priority. That, or he's uncertain. Who knows.

Perhaps he's dealing with some personal stuff that has nothing to do with another set of legs or lips and simply needs time. You'll have to follow your gut on that one.

But, I will say this. If he's saying things like, "maybe somewhere down the road we can work things out" well, don't allow yourself to be strung along as some back up or on the side woman. Everyone needs someone reliable. Someone who knows full well what they want, what they need. Someone without all the ' maybe's'.

My advice? Let him go. Show him you won't be that girl who waits around. Self pride woman. Live it.
    Last edited by woody; 24-06-15 at 08:27 AM.

Don't do yourself the disservice of stalking his social media and thereby keeping him in your life in this totally demoted state. You'll stagnate yourself from moving on from him if you start to become addicted to checking him out and what he is or isn't (hasn't) done "YET."

If you don't have the mental strength to delete him first then now would be a good time for you to de-activate yourself for a while and put yourself on private so that he can't stalk you either.

BTW: "Maybe down the line" or, "lets see what happens in the future" or "lets just be friends" are all soft let downs that more times then not mean nothing but lip service given to the person being dumped to ease the news. Don't rely on those words for anything.

Process the break up as if he's died and you'll not be seeing him anymore and you'll grieve and heal far quicker with acceptance. Don't be afraid that if you go radio silent he'll not be able to get back with you. He broke up with you and any contact that doesn't start out with "I've made a mistake, will you be my girlfriend again" is just fluff so get on with your life accepting that he's no longer going to be in it.

Hugs and feel better soon.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Another way to help getting over him but not completely removing him from facebook is to just 'unfollow' him. That way you still remain friends, but you do not see his posts. Out of sight, out of mind.
    >>http://www.getandkeephim.net<<