+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to turn down a date after saying yes

How to turn down a date after saying yes

I (probably we) have been making arrangements to meet after our first date. We are still in out friend zone apart that he says I'm cute. Last Thursday he said he wants to watch 'A' movie but as I dun like it I said I'm not interested. On sunday again he suggested another one and I thought he really wants to meet we arranged a date n time. On Monday he said he said he prefer weekends but I'm not free on weekend. So he finally said he will take a day off next monday and I agreed.
    Well..the reason I want to cancel is because he had made changes and cancellation like this before. I'm starting to question his respect or interest in me. But I don't want to sound too sensitive but also gave him a message that he crossed the line. How do I cancel in this way?

Seems you've made just as many changes and cancellations as he's attempted to arrange. Even to expecting him to take a day off of work to accomdate your ass.
    You're about as accommodating and open to being had as a black window spider. Hopefully he has enough ballzzz to forget you exist.

Maybe if you weren't so unaccommodating and picky you'd not have to be such a princess about it and be asking how to get out of a date that you've already agreed to.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Seems you've made just as many changes and cancellations as he's attempted to arrange. Even to expecting him to take a day off of work to accomdate your ass.
    You're about as accommodating and open to being had as a black window spider. Hopefully he has enough ballzzz to forget you exist.

Maybe if you weren't so unaccommodating and picky you'd not have to be such a princess about it and be asking how to get out of a date that you've already agreed to.
    The first date we agreed was his choice. I told him he doesn't need to take a day off. He was always the one who cancels the day before. We didn't arrange without his consent. I have a feeling that he will do it again. I'm sick of the feeling of too much excitement and ends in rejection. I like him more than he does to me and I hate this.

If the two of you have trouble finding time when you are both free for a first date, how will you manage a relationship?

When cancelling, just tell him that you can't see how it would work when your schedules are so opposite.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.