+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will he propose?

Will he propose?

Adrien and I have been together for a little over three years now. His partner at work keeps bugging him as to when we're getting married. Last night he said he had a confession to make that his partner kept bugging him so he told him we were getting married April 2016. I said yeah but you never asked me and his reply was not yet. I think a marriage proposal may be coming what do you think?

It sounds to me that this was about your boyfriend lying to his friend to get said friend of his back. He then told you about the lie so that you wouldn't get excited if you heard the story.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Agreed with basil. You really can't read any more into it than its face value. You're not a mind reader and neither are we. Could it mean he is thinking of proposing? Maybe. All the same, it could just mean that he wanted his friend to shut the heck up, and really has no intention of proposing (or at least not now).

So, try not to think too much into it. If you are happy with where you two are right now, just be happy with that. Maybe he will propose soon, maybe not. If you are getting to a point where you feel like he needs to propose soon or you don't want to wait around any longer, then maybe start to discuss the subject with him. Mind you, don't turn it into an argument or ultimatum at this point. The initial conversation should just be a very casual sort of "So, where do you see us going anyway" kind of thing.

If it seems like your ideas don't quite match up, worry about that at the time. Then, if you'd like you could come back here for advice on that. Anything else would just be speculation on our part at this time, so probably better not to get yourself too worried about something that may not even be a concern at all.